🍃

'Twas a fine Friday afternoon, as usual stories start.

I was on my way home from school. Dressed with our uniform with my backpack on my front searching for my wallet for I was about to ride the jeep.

My focus was on my backpack and my vision of where I put my wallet before. I searched and searched. Like dig a hole in my backpack in the hope of seeing my wallet.

It's getting harder and harder.

The more minutes I lost searching for that goddamn wallet, the more I perspire. I already thought that maybe someone robbed my wallet without me noticing it.

But that's impossible. I'm aware of my things. And I know I'll notice it if someone opened my bag. But there's none. I know wholeheartedly that there is none. NONE.

As I continued walking by the sidewalk, I also continued searching for my wallet. Was about to cross the street, looked to the right then to the left, hands still inside my bag with my vigorous hope that soon I'll find my wallet.

As soon as I knew that the intersection is clear, I walked quickly. My eyes were focused on my direction, then a stranger looked at me, then he looked on his left, suddenly things start to move slowly.

He looked on his left; shock became visible in his eyes, made me confused and looked also in the direction he was looking at.

My hands are still in my bag, my eyes focused in the right, shock became also visible in my face, a truck was about to approach me.

I do not know what to do; I froze and never had the time to even scream.

My hands are still inside my bag but the vigorous hope of getting my wallet became lost.

Soon, not only my wallet is lost but also my consciousness.

***