Chapter 1: Never Forget

For centuries, the sacred magic of the divine crystal blessed our world and it's people

For centuries, the sacred magic of the divine crystal blessed our world and it's people. But in time, the promise of its power brought war to our lands. Lucis, the peaceful kingdom of great magic, kept safe, by the power of the crystal. Talasin, a neighboring kingdom of Lucis and was once an ally and close friend to them; dragons they once were. Magic users of their own, their king ruled with a just fist and he fought alongside his people. And Niflheim, the imperial military of advanced machinery by the might of it's magmatic. Long has war rage between the three. As the years past, Niflheim march on nearby nations, driven by it unsurpassed technology. To defend itself, Lucis raise a magical wall. The strength in which come from itself. Talasin sacrifices itself to give Lucis a fighting chance at survival, the king and his only heir were taken in by Lucis. Insomnia alone, the crown city and last Bastille of Lucian defeat remained beyond Niflheim each for many years.

Amid the escalating war, Prince Notics of Lucis had come to Tenebrae to seek healing for a grieves injury, he made the long journey together with father, King Regis. But they did not travel alone. The king of the fallen Kingdom of Talasin, King Magus and his only heir, The princess of Talasin. Mother, brother and I, the royalty of Tenebrae had all welcome their visit. It was then that the fires came, everywhere and all at once, in a mere instant. The hall of Tenebrae was in a blaze.

"Ravus!" the queen shouts out as she uses herself as a shield him from the flames, but she was then killed by a sword that was thrust right through her from the commanding officer. "Mother!!" Ravus calls out as he reaches to her. Regis and Magus quickly run to their children, "Father!" the young girl cries out, Magus quickly moves out, a then he turns and shielded Regis from the sword with his arm that was now covered in moon-colored scales. Regis turns and saw his friend protecting him, "General Glauca." Regis said as he was shocked then joins his friend in combat.

The Niflheim attack was an attempt to take the lives the visiting Lucian and Talasin royalty.

Regis summoned more swords, throwing Gorga off guard and with one swift strike from Magus. Glauca went flying back as there were deep claw marks embedded into his chest. "Notics!" Regis shouts out as Notics reaches out for him and Regis pulls him into his arms, Magus kneels down in front of his daughter and she presses herself to him as she was scared. "Come, child, we have to run!" he tells her, standing up, then took her hand and they started to run with Regis and Lunafreya. "Please, help us! King Regis! King Magus!" Ravus calls out to them. But they help running. Then Magus shouts in pain as he was shot through the chest, "Father!" the young girl calls out as he coughs up blood, Regis pulls up a shield as Magus fell to one knee, "Father, please get up! We have to run!" the young girl begs him, but he pants as he looks at her.

"I can't anymore, looks like this is it for me." he tells her, then pulls off his ring, places it on a chain "Keep this with you at all times and never forget who you are." he tells her as he places it around her neck. "Papa." she cries as she wraps her arms around him. He smirks and looks up at Regis, "Keep her safe, my old friend." he asks him and Regis nods at him. "Always, I will never forget you." he tells him, then the young girl pulls back. "Go. Go now!!" he shouts as Regis drops the shield, taking the girl's hand as she took Luna's and Magus threw a fireball at incoming guards.

But the general ran at him and ran him through with his sword, "Father!!" the little girl cries out, as the general pulls out his sword and men gun Magus down and he collapses, the young girl turns away, tears in her eyes as she kept running, never turning back. But then the other girl that was with them, lets go of the girl's hand and they look back as the soldiers ran pass her, "Lunafreya!" he calls out to her as he reaches out to her. Then Regis grips tighter on Magus's daughter's hand and they ran for it, "Luna!!!" Noctis and the young girl calls out to her as she just smiles at them.

And back then until this day, Tenebrae has been grip in the iron fist of Niflheim, a sworn enemy of Lucis, but they dare not set foot in Talasin, they were killed on sight from the wildlife that dwells on the country soil, they who awaiting the return of their princess, who was to believe to be dead...

Or is she?