1

Beyoncé  2002

I'm in Los Angeles & I've just wrapped my interview with Jay Leno

I'm in Los Angeles & I've just wrapped my interview with Jay Leno. Now I'm headed back to the hotel because my 2 1/2 year old baby, named Yara has a tummy ache. I've been ripping and running doing press for Austin Powers that I've had my cousin/assistant Angie keep YarYar busy & entertained.

If you didn't know, I'm Beyoncé Knowles & I started off in a girl group called Destiny's Child. I'm still a part of the group, but right now we're focusing on solo projects & mine turned into being an actress.

I got out of the limousine & stepped inside the elevator and waited to reach my hotel floor. I made it to my room & swiped the key. Angie was on the couch watching TV while Yara had her thumb in her mouth on the bed.

"Hey Mommy's baby. You feeling better?" I asked shaking her little body to wake her up. I didn't want her to sleep the day away & get even more drowsy.

"Mommmmyy" she croaked. I cooed.

"Awww your tummy still hurts?" She shook her little head & held onto her stomach. I picked her up and laid her against my chest. I took my heels off & climbed into bed with her still clinging to me.

"Angie you give her any medicine yet?" I asked.

"Yes & I fed her soup & orange juice. She's saying her neck hurts so I'm assuming she's talking about her throat so imma go get some cough drops." I thanked her and she left the room. I rubbed my baby's back.

"YarYar does it hurt when you talk?" She just nodded her head & all of her curly hair slapped me against my face.

"Okay. Angie is coming to bring you something for that. You wanna lay beside me?" I asked.

"No I like it right here." Her tiny little hands clung to my neck tighter. I laughed.

"Okay baby but I gotta shower and then you can lay back on me. Here watch some TV & I'll be out before it ends okay?"

"Okay Mommy." She said raspy. I left to go take a quick shower & put comfortable clothes on. I came out to see Angie back with so many bags of different flavored cough drops for Yara. I shook my head & climbed into bed. She laid back on me as she fell asleep & we waited to ride this tummy ache out.

That's basically my life right now. Caring for my daughter as a single mother. Well, not really because I'm with my child's father on and off but that doesn't count. He's a great dad but a horrible boyfriend so right now we're not together.

Most people don't know about Yara, yet I don't hide her from my career. My fans know I have a daughter but they haven't seen a glimpse of her & I'm proud of that. I guess it's because she didn't choose to be in the spotlight, I did & once she's old enough to know what I really do, then she can voice her feelings because they do matter.

When my parents found out I was pregnant at 19 they were NOT happy about it. But abortion nor adoption were an option so eventually they came to grips with it. My baby's father is an up and coming actor named Adam Rodriguez & we met through one of my good industry friends Jennifer Lopez. Adam is 6 years older than me so you can imagine the drama that surrounded that situation when I got pregnant. My dad still doesn't like him, but everyone else adores him.

~~~~~~

After my nap with Yara, I had to go meet with my record label on promoting my solo project once my film Austin Powers drops. I want my album to be released summer of 2003.

I changed into the same pair of jeans I wore for Leno but chose a pink blouse to wear. I kissed Yara goodbye & headed back out to meet with Columbia Records. I always get nervous meeting with my label because I feel like every song I love, they hate.

"So Beyoncé....we listened to the songs you've been working on and feel like Crazy In Love is missing something," said Teresa LaBarbera Whites, my A&R exec.

"What do you mean? Like a better chorus or verse?" I asked.

"No more like a featured artist. Do you have anyone in mind?" She asked.

"I actually think the rapper Jay-Z is a great choice for this song. We saw each other recently & always wanted to work together so maybe this is the perfect opportunity." I said.

"Okay. We'll contact his label to work that out. I think that's pretty much it for this meeting. Thank you Beyoncé." I hugged everyone in the meeting & spoke with Teresa briefly before I left.

I was going to personally ask Jay-Z to be on my album because 1) I'm a fan of his & 2) I have a little crush on him. If Adam keeps playing games with me, I may have to move on sooner than I thought.

*****COMMENT, VOTE*****

Here's the sequel! Comment what y'all like/don't like about it so far & what you hope to see in this story! Any unanswered questions you want addressed?