What happened

"Subject got the ability, once again." 

The man speaking was on his phone, his opposite hand dragging through his hair. He paced outside on the sidewalk, and he didn't know why. He was kind of bummed, he particularly liked this version of his friend. Either way, he had to do what he had to do. The person on the other line spoke up.

"I just looked, and it seems that the clone your looking after is no longer being cloned. However, we do have one like him, if you'd like." The man stood in his place, frozen. Thoughts buzzed around his head. I knew we shouldn't of started YouTube. Will this clone be at least similar to the other in the building right now? What if it becomes obvious that this is not the same Link?

"Yah," the man said. "Bring that one in. But first, how similar is he to the other clone?"

"They are not much different, except the one you will receive has a different hair style and attitude. But other than that, completely the same!" The voice on the other side seemed almost to cheery.

"How long will it take for the new clone to arrive?"

"We'll have to make sure we know that you now have this clone. But after that, you're all good to go!"

"Thanks. Be here soon, I don't want to have another weird conversation with a clone about to be sent away."

"Kay. Be there shortly!" The two both hung up. The man, who clearly looked stressed, put on a happy face and walked into the room with the clone with the newly discovered ability. 

"Rhett, who'd you call?" The clone asked confusedly. 

"Uhh..." The two both said, right at the same time, "Link, it's none of your buisness."

"Knew you were gonna say that," Link, the clone, said. 

"Just, don't tell anybody about this, 'thing' you are making up. It'll make me look weird," Rhett, the man from outside, said.

"Why not!" Link complained. "I have a new gift, and you want me to throw it away! It could be..." Link's complaints were faded from Rhett's mind as he thought, when is the new clone gonna get here? 

Just then the door to our room swung open and in came two people in protective uniforms. Rhett never got why they had to do that. It pained Rhett every time a clone had to go, thrashing and kicking and screaming for him, but this one pained him even more because this was the last of the clones like him. 

The new clone was being rolled in. "Finally" Rhett mumbled under his breath. He luckily snatched up the old clones glasses, so he could remember them all. The new clone was placed by the sofa the old clone was just in. Then he got lifted up and into that sofa. When the room cleared I lifted off the bag that was placed on the clones head. Then I went through procedure.

"Hi Link. I'm Rhett, your best friend." I put the glasses on the new Link, noting how different he looked with his hair up instead of down. Instead of smiling at me immediately after I put the glasses on, which all the clones before did that, he looked around the room, than stared right at me. He seemed so serious. Then he smiled and chuckled a bit. 

"Hi, Rhett," the new Link said. I smiled. This will have some getting used to.

Hey, sorry it's not long, it's supposed to be kinda short. Please tell me what you think, this is a bit different than what I usually write. (AKA not write at all ;P

      -20madmag