Reuniting with Friends

Tuno's POV

I heard their voices as they approached. The man I was fighting smirked when he noticed my second of distraction. He punched my stomach, and I was sent flying into the wall. I screamed in agony. The man laughed, and once his eyes were closed, I took the only opening I would get in this battle.

My arm turned to lightning, and my entire body soon did the same. I still had the shape of a person, and the lightning was silent, so the man didn't notice any difference in the sound.

I launched myself off of the wall, and he heard the sound of me flying through the air. I released the sound barrier that surrounded me, and the last thing the man heard before I punched him was a high pitched screech of a bird.

I checked his pulse after my body returned to normal. I smirked when I didn't feel anything.

For someone that can make me cough up blood, you should have been able to take a single lightning hit. Weakling. I thought.

I stood when four different chakra smells entered the room.

"Are you Tuno Hicachi?" A man asked.

I turned to face him, and the girl gasped. I reached up to touch my face, and I caught a glimpse of my hand.

When did I change back into my lightning form? Did my body react to his voice?

I returned to normal, and the white haired boy gasped.

"I can pick those eyes out from anywhere! You're Little Lightning Bird!" He yelled, pointing at me.

Little Lightning Bird? That was my best friend's nickname for me. Is he.....?

"What kind of name is 'Little Lightning Bird'?" The girl asked.

"I was the only Mist Shinobi to have a lightning nature. Everyone else had water or wind." I answered, my eyes still on the white haired boy.

"Sasuke has a lightning nature." The orange haired boy said.

Sasuke Uchiha must be the one with black hair. I had seen him in the Mist Village when I was younger. He still looks the same. I thought.

"Suigetsu!" The girl yelled when the white haired boy walked toward me.

"Relax, Karin. She won't hurt me. I'll have Jugo punch her to death if she does." Suigetsu answered.

Jugo is the quiet, orange haired boy.

Suigetsu barely touched my cheek, and his skin was electrocuted. I smiled when his hand turned to water.

"You're like me, aren't you? Orochimaru changed your DNA." I said.

He nodded. I held up my hand like I would give him a high-five. Once his hand reformed, he barely touched his hand to mine. He looked back at his team.

"Tuno was my best friend before Orochimaru took us. She used to injure whoever got in her way. I guess Orochimaru has corrupted her enough to get her to kill." He said, looking at the body of the man I had killed.

"It was either him or me. He tried to take me for my power, but then I could sense your chakra, so I started fighting back." I explained.

"We could use someone with your power." Sasuke said. "Come with us. We won't let anyone hurt you for your power."

"Why should I trust you?" I asked.

"Because your old friend did. If he is capable of trusting us, shouldn't you do the same?"

Suigetsu looked at me, his purple eyes pleading. I sighed and looked at Sasuke.

"Fine. I'll join your team. At one sign of anyone trying to take my power, be it you or someone else, I won't hesitate to kill." I said.