Kai and Cinder

Kai POV

"What are we going to do?" asked Cinder.

"Honestly Cinder, I don't know. Levana is so powerful. What hopes do we have?"

"We have some form of hope I'm sure," Cinder said as her face was muffled into my shirt. I was so happy to see her again. I have never felt the same way toward anyone else. Is it true? Was I falling in love? I guess I couldn't tell, but Cinder promised that she never lied to me before. I trusted her; I probably trusted her more than anyone else in the Solar System right now. If any command came from her mouth, I would obey immediately.

Cinder POV

Those few moments of embrace with Kai were some of the best moments of my life. So many feelings I had to keep hidden flooded me all at once; threatening to shut my system down. I dream every single day about the moment he kissed me. Can you believe it? I kidnapped the emperor of The Eastern Commonwealth! I am sitting right next to him huddled up against his warmth. I couldn't let these silly thoughts waste my memory space. Levana was going to take over the world pretty soon and I was here dawdling. Why does Levana have to ruin everything? She tried to burn me death. This woman was cruel, cruel as cruel can be.

Kai POV

"How do you feel?" I asked Cinder as I caressed her cyborg hand.

"I don't know. I'm Princess Selene. I have to do something, but I don't know what. It's just so super confusing Kai; I'm confused." I couldn't agree more with her. I escaped from the marriage but I couldn't hide forever.

"Cinder, I just want to let you know that I will be there for you when you need me. I can't risk losing you again."

"Okay, Kai. Let's go on and save the world then."