Lunatic

"Sometimes people like to dumb things down into two categories. Good... And bad. I think those people are ignorant, illogical half wits. There is no good in the world. There is only that which one may think is good. But bad is everywhere. Anything can be immoral and inferior, especially the immodest maddening assholes that disagree with me. It is because of this concept that I am confirming... I take absolutely no satisfaction when I do the things that make me who I am. Those things are not funny at all..."

I honestly have no doubt that my words haven't gotten through to anybody in the room. But the thing is... I couldn't really care less. With my eyes wide open and a huge grin stretched across my face, I flick the mechanism of the lighter in my hand. Ever so slowly my lips begin to tremble and out comes a cackle of delight. And you want to know what's funny? I can't even hear it. The sound of my own laughter and I can't even hear it over the sublime wails of a man in pain. How great is that? I watch with amusement as the flesh of Jeremy Hansen vanishes in a sea of orange rage, until the only thing left is a black shrivelled body that dangles from the ceiling. Now that Jeremy has finally shut up, the crowd falls silent. A young woman has fainted. I think she might be dead. I catch sight of an old man staring at me in anger and disgust. Finally I open my mouth again.

"I'm sorry everybody, but I think I... stand corrected... to be honest... I thought that was funny as fuck!"