Lebenslangerschicksalsschatz

Sometimes we think life isn’t fair or is treating us badly. We tend to think that life never gives us what we want no matter how much we ask for it, when in fact; it does. Life gives us everything we want; we just don’t appreciate it because it’s not exactly what we want. It’s like asking for a guitar but you were given a piano, it might not be what you want but it’s still the same. You just have to know how to use it. This is a story of how I was given something like that. I just didn’t appreciate it at the time because it wasn’t exactly what I thought I wanted when in fact it was. When it was all done I looked back and saw the whole picture, the meaning of everything. It turns out I was just too close to the puzzle to see the picture that was forming.

It was the start of our sophomore year in High School there were a lot of new faces I have been seeing around the campus I wanted to see if there were any new attractive students but I couldn’t find one. One day while I was walking to the canteen I saw a girl walking the opposite direction I was walking. When we were about to cross paths, she tripped. She was just a few feet away so I helped her up. “Are you okay?” I asked “Yes, I’m okay. Thanks.” She answered. I didn’t really see her that well because she was facing the ground. So we carried on with our lives.

After a few weeks she caught my attention again. I saw her playing the guitar and I thought it was awesome. I told myself. “I want to be friends with her. I want to see if there was more to her than just a pretty face.” I saw her talking to my friend once and I asked my friend if she could introduce me to her, she agreed. While I was eating lunch one day my friend approached me and introduced me to her.

“Hey Jude this is Sarah”

“Hey Sarah, I’m Jude” I said, while smiling. She smiled back.

“Nice to meet you. Hey Michelle I have to go, I’m gonna be late for class again” She said, then left.

“So her name’s Sarah?” I said.

“You like her, don’t you Jude?”.

“No.”

“Dude, I’ve known you since we were kids. You look at her differently. I saw you smile when you saw her with me.”

“I think so, I hope so.” I said smiling.

“She’s very nice, she likes the stuff you’re into”.

“What stuff?”

“You know. She likes to listen to music, she plays guitar, that stuff.”

“She plays guitar?”

“I think she mentioned it to me once. Well I’ve got to go. I still have classes. See you later Jude!”

“See you later, and thanks for introducing me to Sarah.”

“No problem” she said then left.

“Sarah” I thought to myself. “She likes listening to music, and she plays guitar.” I wanted to be friends with her because I finally found a person who likes the stuff I’m into. Plus, she’s a girl!

The following day I saw her walking towards me and I greeted her.

“Hey Sarah!”

“Jude, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. Where are you going?”

“To the canteen, I’m hungry”

“Can I come with you?”

“Sure”

I went with her to the canteen. I accompanied her while she ate and we learned that we had a lot in common. We were both named after songs, we liked listening to The Beatles and Blink-182 and we both played guitar, at one time we even we even joked about forming a band. After she finished eating we left the canteen. I asked if I could have her number and that I would call her. She agreed and we separated ways.