Summary and Glossary

Lauren has spent her entire life hunting down ghosts and sending them back through the veil. It's her duty.

Camila doesn't exactly have a heartbeat and sometimes she finds herself accidentally drifting through the bathroom door.

It's complicated.

-

-

The Veil, the boarder between life and death, has shifted releasing masses of ghosts, spirits, and super natural entities into the world. Nearly 75 years later thousands of supernatural forces have been returned back behind the veil, but still, many remain.

Lauren Jauregui, like most of the millennials, trained her whole life to become a ghost hunter. All ghosts were bad, they haunted for fun, tormented innocent beings, and they possessed thousands of  people; they were devils or "Spooks" as the millennials like to call them. They needed to be sent back through the veil to the afterlife where they belonged.....or at least that's what Lauren's been taught.

Of course, then she meets Camila.

-

-

Cleanser: A human who has the ability to remove ghosts from people and specific locations; ex; A possessed person would need a cleanser to remove the ghost from their body or if a house was haunted the cleanser could get rid of the ghost presence.

Demon: A very powerful and much more evil devil that can possess people permanently, taking over the human body for themselves.

Devil: The correct term for 'Spooks'. Evil ghosts that try to possess human bodies. Usually they are only strong enough to temporarily possess humans. Traits include pale skin, red eyes, and lack of typical human emotions.

EMF: A small tracking device that beeps as you get closer to paranormal/radioactive energy. Can sometimes translate what ghosts are trying to say. The newer ones have GPS systems.

Ghost Hunter: A person who was trained to hunt and get rid of the ghosts, they often travel in small groups or teams. They use gasoline and fire to kill them.

Magnets: Humans with the capability to call/summon ghosts to a particular area.

Necromancer: A person who practices Necromancy; a witch or wizard.

Necromancy: The practice of communicating with the dead; witchery specifically dealing with the dead.

Poltergeist: A ghost whose purpose is purely to harass people, throw things, and mess with the humans. They don't possess people.

Seer: Someone who has the ability to sense paranormal activity either in groups or inside of possessed humans.

Spooks: What the Humans refer to the ghosts as.

The Veil: The border between life and death. If you pass behind the veil you are in hell.

(A/N: Thank you guys so much for the best supernatural AU award! You guys are all the best and I love you!)