Cold steps

"BEEP, BEEP, BE-"

Rowan drags his arm over to the alarm clock and slaps it off the counter.

"Ok get up... One, two, three"

Rowan gets up and slowly rolls off the messy bed of sheets, covers and pillows.

"Hmph.."

He takes overly large heavy steps down the staircase, while doing so his mom Danelle calls over to him.

"Rowan? Can you go down to the basement and take out the trash For me please?"

Rowan gives her a groan and walks over to the basement door before walking down the staircase to the basement.

He finally gets to the cold basement floor.

He walks over to the trash bag on the right side of the basement.

He picks it up and travels his way back to the staircase by hoping slightly trying to keep the freezing floor off his bare feet.

For a moment he comes to a pause.

He hears a tiny tap from the left corner of the basement.

He didn't really think much of it.

He continued to pick up the trash bag and go on his way draging it up the creaky staircase.

After Rowan takes out the trash bag he walkes upstairs to his bedroom.

Once he got there he plopped onto his comfy bed and unplugged his phone from his charger.

"Damnit 95% percent.."

"so close."

Rowan said under his breath.

"Rowan."

His mom called from the main floor.

"Yes."

Rowan replied.

"Why aren't you getting ready for school?"

His mom asked confused.

"Because I'm sick!"

He said in a disrespectful tone.

"No your not."

His mom said more strict trying not to yell.

"YES I AM!"

He yells towards her.

Rowan slams his door, he waits a few seconds by the door waiting to hear her walk away.

He slips back under the covers of his messy bed.

He lays there on his phone until he can hear his mom's car drive out the rocky driveway.

He pushes his sheets off of him and sits up on his bed.

"Hmm."