Chapter 1

~Zane's POV~

I walk off stage, my chest rising and falling with adrenaline. Opening the door to my dressing room, I hear congratulatory shouts from my backstage crew. I sit on a nearby chair, and place my head in my hands, sighing. Suddenly my manager, Zenix, bursts into the room without knocking. "Zane m'boy, that was an amazing show!' He says enthusiastically, clapping me on the back. I groan, clearly exhausted and annoyed he entered without warning despite the many times I've asked him not to. 

"Geez, performers really are bipolar." He says laughing slightly. "I appreciate the congratulations Zenix, really I do. But I've asked countless times for you and everyone else to knock before coming in." I say, my tone firm. "I know, I know... but wow! Tonight you were really something! The people of Scaleswind sure do love you!" He says, becoming excited once more. "Yes, they have been the best audience I've had so far since we started the tour." I agree. "Yep, but the next town is Phoenix Drop, and as far as I know, you have quite the fanbase there." He says. "Oh, I'm sure I do. Now please Zenix, if you don't mind, I'm exhausted." I say drowsily. "Alright, I'll leave you be. Get some rest my star performer." He says smiling as he walks out of the room and shuts the door. I get up and lock the door, then walk to and sit on my bed.

 I take off my black, signature beanie and let my ears move freely. Then I switch into pants that allow my tail to poke through. I sigh in relief. It gets so itchy having them restrained for such a long time... but it's worth it. If Zenix and the rest of my fans knew I was a Neko, they wouldn't take me or my music seriously. 

I sit up and look around my dressing room, staring at the numerous posters that feature me on stage, me talking with fans, and me in general. It's a miracle that the fame hasn't gone to my head, then again I was really never that type of person. A few of the posters showcase my two non-neko brothers, Garroth and Vylad, two rising star actors. I smile at the posters, then frown. They don't have to deal with the pressure of hiding a tail and ears. I loosen the mask that covers the lower half of my face, and brush some hair out of my blind eye. 

I throw myself backward onto the bed, and stare at my phone for a few seconds before clicking the home screen. I scroll through my Twitter feed, looking at the recent comments.

"What a performance!"- xXThugLifeXx

"My favorite song was 'Another Life'"- Emoji4

"Where did you get that beanie, I want one!"- Ro'MeaveFan0128

"I see right through you, and your not fooling anyone you fake piece of trash."- DatBoi

"It'll get lost in the sea of comments, but I love your music. You do so much for fans and I feel like we don't give enough back. I won't say I understand what you go through everyday, because you can never truly understand what a person goes through... but I just want you to know that you are my inspiration for singing. Thank you for being you. :)"- EmeraldEyedWomanizer

I smile at the last comment, and press the 'like' button next to it. As I'm about to turn my phone off when it starts vibrating, a signal for an incoming call. I look at the caller ID and grin widely. I was wondering when she was going to call. I press the answer button, and put the phone up to my right ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello! It's so good to hear from you!" 

"Heh, thanks. It's good to hear from you too."

"You were amazing tonight, so much feeling and emotion in your voice!" 

"I try. Listen babe, I really want to talk to you more, but I'm about to crash. The show today was a bit more tiresome than usual. Can I call you back later?"