Chapter 1 - The burning castle.

A crackling sound echoes around me. They sound a bit familiar, but I am not aware of why I hear them. I slowly open my eyes to meet flames. All around me, roaring flames danced about. Taking oxygen away and burning whatever was in its path. Fire, such a beautiful and yet destructive thing.

I then slowly rose to my knees, hoping I wouldn't get caught in the blaze. The entire castle where I grew up in was slowly burning.

I could hear soft, agonizing mumbling. Sounds of someone being slowly burnt to death. I held my stomach with my left hand and covered my mouth with my right, trying not to throw up from hearing the awful sounds.

How did all of this happen? I only remember so little... Some of these memories aren't even mine.

I guess the only way for me to find out... is to go back all the way to the beginning.

I remember a large forest, lush in plant life and an amazing scenery

I remember a large forest, lush in plant life and an amazing scenery. It was tropical, like visiting a famous tourist spot. All around where famous animals, mostly birds. I see myself standing on a tree branch, gazing in amazement of this scenery before me...

But this is not my memory.

My true first memory was waking up to the sound of waves; as I was lying down on a blanket of sand. A black sheet was wrapped around me, covering my naked body, thank goodness. Raising my body while keeping my sheet close to me, I gazed at the sea before me. The moonlight glittered beautifully off the waves below, making it sparkle like diamonds.

"Such a beautiful, milady?" a calm, masculine voice said to my side. I nearly jumped, just noticing someone was sitting beside me. He was quite handsome. He had sort, wavy blonde hair that blew slightly in the wind and green eyes that could claim any weary heart. He wore quite a dashing red attire. He looked like a prince.

"I am Prince Mordred." he greeted, amazingly enough he was actually a prince. "I happened to find you lying here. What are you doing out on this beautiful night?"

"I," I began to spoke; my voice slightly trembled as I taken a bit by his appearance. "I don't remember."

"Oh, that's not good. Not good at all." he shook his side to side, his small front bangs dancing slightly. "It would be a travesty to let a young lady such as yourself out alone. Come," he reached his hand out to me, as if offering. "Come to my castle. I shall treat you to a fine home."

I didn't know why I was on that seaside, I didn't know where this prince came from, but I knew one thing. I didn't want to stay out wearing nothing but a sheet at night.

"Thank you, your majesty." I bowed in thanks as I took his hand.

*

A few days later, I found myself living at the castle. The castle was enormous to say the least, taking about four hundred acres of field. From my small memory bank, I remember nearly crying when I first saw it. It was just so magnificent, seeing its bright white exterior.