Please Don't Go

A note before you read this. This is my first try at Waige angst so if it's not the best, I'm sorry. I need to write something to help me deal with what's happening on the show. I do really hope you like the story though. I think this may be my first multi-fanfic. If it does turn out to be one, I'd like to say beforehand it may be long before I update because I only write when I have ideas. Sorry for the long intro. Happy reading!
_______________________

Description: Walter fires Paige and she is angry and hurt. How will they make it  up to each other? Will they ever get together or are the doomed to never see each other again?

Paige woke up to the sound of her phone. She looked down to see the contact and immediately shut her phone off when she saw the caller ID. It was the number to the garage.

She spent most of her night crying into her pillow and eating large amounts of chocolate fudge ice cream. Right when she thought she was getting close to Walter, right when it seems like they will finally be together, it implodes. Again, he regressed and ruined it all. This time though, she could never forgive him. He fired her. He had the nerve to fire her, say her "services" were no longer needed, and then he said it was the best for her and her son. What an ass! Scorpion was their family. Ralph adored them. She wasn't there simply for the security and money. She loved them. Wrongly, she thought they loved her back. Well, she knew one of them didn't love them back. One genius that she was pissed at. She swore that she will never work for that man again.

When her phone went off again, she figured it might be an emergency.

"Hello?" she groaned.

"Hi. It's me, Toby. I know that technically you aren't apart of Scorpion anymore, but Walter is a wreck and has almost reached Waltcon 1. Please come and help with the case. We need you."

"I'll be at the garage in a half hour." She sighed.

"Thanks," Toby said, hanging up.

______________________________
As it did always, the case escalated into something more risky with all of them facing death. And once again, Walter saved Paige's life. No matter what came between them, they were still a great team.

Walter saw Paige frowning down at some paperwork. Even when she didn't work there, she still bothered to complete her duties after the case. A case she didn't even have to partake in. He walked over to her desk. He needed to apologize. Not having Paige work at Scorpion would be a mistake. He would be devastated.

"Hey, uh, I guess your services are needed after all," Walter joked. He was nervous and he knew he messed up big time. So, he figured joking about it might work. It worked most of the time for normals.

"Seriously, what the hell?" Paige snaps.

He figured wrong.

"Walter, what were you thinking?"

"I'm sorry," he said. "I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have done what I did."

"Like hell you shouldn't!" she yelled. Good thing everyone else have left already. Paige was not in the mood to make another scene.

Yes, she was angry all right.

"In my defense I was upset. Do you have any idea how that could've felt. Imagine being in love with someone and hearing them say it back. But then you wake up one day, realizing it didn't happen. Except it did. But they didn't meant it. What you did made me upset. I admitted, twice already, what I did was wrong. But, I wasn't in my finest moment."

"You are such a jackass! Walter, you fired me and then chose a job for me. You chose the job, not me. Choosing what I do for a living is my choice, not yours. It is not in your place to decide that and it never will. You can't just go controlling my life all the time. You think you can mess with it, just like you did in Tahoe, but you can't. You can't Walter and I'm done. I'm done working for an arrogant, selfish, jackass who will never be normal!"

Paige quickly got her stuff and slammed the door behind her. Walter hurried out the door, chasing after her.

"Paige!," he yelled,"Please don't leave." Walter's voice was thick with emotion.

"Walter, I'm leaving."

"W-w-wait. I-I know I screwed up. I know that I made a decision for you that was uncalled for. I know that it isn't my right to choose your job. But . . . I love you. It hurts everyday when I see you leave. I wonder what you're doing. If you're with Ralph, watching TV, or if you're asleep. I wonder if you had a peaceful sleep. Because I want you to feel your best. And---and if you leave forever, the pain I'd feel would be unfathomable. So that's why remembering space is hard. Because I love you so much. I love you and the part that hurts is that I love you so much and I know, I know how it feels when you say it back. It feels good. Then reality comes back to me and I feel so broken because . . . you don't love me back. It bothered me, what I remembered, because I poured my heart out to you, and it's not reciprocated."

Paige stood there silent. What could she say?

"Walter I don't-"

Walter interrupts.

"I-I know that's no excuse for what I did. But that's how I feel. I am speaking from what I feel . . . Not logic. Not science. But that's why I gave you a new job. Because you hurt me so much that I couldn't stand seeing you without hearing those three words in my head. Every time I see you, I just imagine you telling me you love me." Walter was crying now. "I now realize my mistake. Without seeing you, I'm lost. Even when you were angry with me about Tim and Tahoe, I took it because I still got to see you. But, now, I won't be seeing you at all. And it's all my fault. So I'm sorry. I am truly sorry for firing you. Being selfish. For hurting you. But please---please don't leave!"

Paige saw the pain in his eyes and couldn't take it. He made her so mad, she still is. But what he just said got her thinking. She couldn't be here now. She had to leave. Not forever, but she had to go. She needed to think about what she wants right now in her life. She needed to think about what Ralph wants too.

Paige walked over to her car, opened the door, and then sped off without saying a word.

Walter jut stood there sobbing. He couldn't lose her.