Local Vendor Outreach in New Mexico

Benefits to Targeting Local Vendors

New Mexico purchasing departments are embracing local suppliers for various reasons. In terms of price, local vendors may give agencies a bonus. One of the most crucial sides in the supplier buying process is the face-to-face meeting. A meeting obviously can't be scheduled, at the reasonable price, if the vendor lives around the world from the New Mexico purchasing agency. Also, a local supplier will offer you a shorter supply chain, quicker delivery minimizing transportation costs, not to mention potential hospitality expenses related to an RFP which needs to be completed on-site. Lastly, regional vendors are more inclined to have a better understanding of the local New Mexico market and use a reputation (whether positive or negative) within the local community.

Using local suppliers in New Mexico can also show strong social morality. Increased local vendor outreach demonstrates support to the community, resulting in good PR and revenue generated back into the buying agencies' county, town, village, etc. From a salestax standpoint, local vendors can perform business using the New Mexico purchasing department without tax generated, since the buying organization can be taxing itself. The long-term economic health in a regional is important and should be a top priority of local government officials, like the purchasing department.

E-Procurement and New Mexico

The introduction and growth of cloud-based procurement, higher quality as e-procurement, has transitioned local New Mexico government to a streamlined, web-based purchasing process. Through online purchasing systems and regional e-procurement purchasing groups, New Mexico local government departments are increasing local awareness by publically posting open bid opportunities in a very centralized, electronic location. An e-procurement bid system offers New Mexico buying agencies an opportunity to boost local outreach efforts through its simple registration process and intuitive purchasing platform. Local suppliers can access New Mexico bids posted through the agency from any internet-ready tool and at their convenience.

The New Mexico Purchasing Group

Over 20 local New Mexico government agencies have decided to share resources by having a regional bid system, the New Mexico Purchasing Group. Powered by BidNet's e-procurement solution, SourceSuite, the New Mexico Purchasing Group connects 309 purchasing departments inside the state of New Mexico with a centralized, online bid platform. Once registered, local suppliers join one particular database maintained from the system, with other vendors across the nation. Registered suppliers are automatically notified of solicitations within their industry posted on the purchasing platform. The New Mexico Purchasing Group is simplifying purchasing and connecting government agencies with suppliers within the local community making it easier to get [http://www.newmexicobidsystem.com/ new mexico RFP]