「86th period」: chocolate time

honmei chocolate — for lovers or crushes
giri chocolate — obligation chocolate; platonic

this chapter was pretty hard to write so i'm sorry if it turns out crappy (;)

.

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 20 | chapter 158-158

The best thing about Valentine's Day was that despite it being so early in the morning, you'd already find someone to mess with.

Such as our dear Kayano, for example. The girl who was looking at the chocolate under her desk, seemingly anxious to give it.

Hiding her true feelings with those ace acting skills, but ever since that kiss, she's not hiding her feelings for Nagisa---she's practically cowering in them.

I took note of her reaction, observing enough.

If we put those two together... we can tease two birds with one stone. We've got as a new toy~

As soon as class ended, we, Nakamura, Kayano and I settled things at the back of the building, near the shed, where no one could get in the way.

Coincidentally Iroha approached us.

"Ah, Karma, I was looking for you" she told me as soon as she saw me, with the two other girls.

"Iroha's here too!" I heard Kayano panic before I turned to the blue-haired girl who was just a centimeter taller than her.

"What's up?" I asked.

She looked at Kayano and smirked, ignoring my question at the same time, "Ohhh, are you finally going to confess to Nagisa, Kayano?~".

"I'm just going to give chocolate! Giri chocolate!" the girl defended, until Iroha thought about it.

"Nagisa, though. That'll be a bit tricky" she admitted.

"He doesn't have a great self-image. Can't imagine being liked by the opposite sex" Nakamura agreed.

"That's why he's afraid" I told Kayano showing her the picture when they kissed, once again. "He thinks he did something bad to you. If you don't set him straight, he may never understand".

I think it's the same for everyone though. Even if a part of us would notice someone liking us, you'd still end up denying until they tell you otherwise.

I remembered the trouble I went through just for Iroha to be aware of me.

"I mean..." Kayano mumbled, a slight blush tinted her cheeks. "I've acted it live tons of times and studied it and stuff, but I have no real-life experience liking a classmate! Like, what expression should I make when I give him the chocolates?".

"Hmm, I think it's easier to act like yourself" Iroha told her casually, throwing a box of chocolates my way.

"You could try to be a bit more shy though" I teased her, catching it with ease, "Don't take it out on the chocolate~".