Chapter 1

Ever since my step mom moved to Alabama for her job promotion, I've been living with my mother and step father in New Jersey.

Summer was ending and I wanted to make the best of it. I picked up the phone and invited a few of my friends to come over.

A few minutes pass and I hear my dog start barking  and running towards the door. I follow my dog and twist the handle.

I look up to see Carley, "Hey Nicole glad to see you again I brung a close friend of mine I hope you don't mind." "Mindy meet Nicole, Nicole meet Mindy!"

After discussing about the latest news and gossip
We all gather around the couch while I went to the kitchen to grab a couple of snacks. I bend down opening the cabinet and grab the pack of Oreos and the bag of potato chips.

No way Nicole come here.
"Hold on." Grabbing the snacks I walk over to the couch. I look over Carly's shoulder.
" what is it?" This person started texting me saying They know what I've done. What's that even supposed to mean? Anyways I asked what I did to them and this is there response.
" Carly you think everyone loves you because your popular but in reality your so much more then that. I will slowly make your life a living hell to the point we're you can't handle it!! If that doesn't scare you then maybe I'll change it around and one of your friends will be tortured with the consequences -MD."

Carley looks up at me with a worried expression and I begin to laugh calm down Carley this is completely fake
Mindy: yeah someone's just pranking you like come on MD? Is that supposed to scare us or something like this isn't pretty little liars hunny.
Carley: yeah you guys are right I'm just overreacting I'll block them right now
Nicole: see that wasn't that bad was it
All of the sudden we hear a knock on the door

Ugh can you get the door I need to use the bathroom
Yeah sure thing I unlock the door and see no sight of a car, nothing but a small package.
Nicole: Check this out it's from MD
Mindy: well what are you waiting for open it
Nicole: shouldn't we wait for Carley she is the one who got the weird text in the first place?

Mindy: Carley hurry up
Carley:I'm here what's the rush
Mindy: It's for you open it.
Carley: Me? Beg you pardon
Nicole: For god sake I'll open it
I cut open the box inside was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen with a note saying tomorrow someone will receive wonderful news the other person will receive the opposite. Which will you be? Good luck ;) -MD
Carley: what's this clown mask doing in this box?
Mindy: eww get that thing away from me it reeks of rotten cheese.
Nicole: this is lame I'm going to bed
Carley: yeah I'm getting tired plus we have school tomorrow I think it's best we get some sleep.

The next day
I wake up to my alarm clock screaming in my ear and Carley tossing a pillow at me "ugh I hate that sound make it stop." Oo I smell waffles race you downstair. "Not on my watch."

Skip breakfast
Once we finished breakfast I went upstairs to change

Nicole's outfit

Carley and Mindy already left a few minutes ago to catch the bus

Carley and Mindy already left a few minutes ago to catch the bus. Me on the other hand decided to walk since it was only a few miles away from my house.

Once I reached school I went to put my lunch in my Locker with a few other belongings. I still had 15 minutes before class started so I waited till my friend Megan who shared her locker down the end of the hallway to show up.

Out of no were I hear a husky voice say
Hey babe long time no see
I quickly spun around knowing who it was immediately
Oh my god!! Oh my god. I drop my book bag without hesitation and jump into his arms.
Nicole: Ethan what are you doing here I thought you were supposed to be in LA for another month
Ethan: my manager let me have the week to myself and the first thing that came to my mind was seeing you again
Nicole: Aw babe I love you so much I can't believe your here right now. The bells about to ring can we catch up later at my place I'll even make dinner.
Ethan. Your to cute I'll definitely be there see ya later
I still can't believe Ethan came to surprise this is the best day ever

This is the worst day ever!/ Mindy
It all started when School ended and Mindy left school early she decided to go downtown to pick up a few things up when a huge bulky man with three others approached her.
Mindy: excuse me your kinda in my way sir
Suddenly the men break the silence and start laughing then each grabbing her arm viciously
Heyy let go of me!! I happen to be the daughter of a police officer and once he finds out this isn't going to be pretty
Good thing he won't find out I'll just be taking this
Give me my phone back!! I have really important..
Important what messages? Pictures? Please this belongs in the garbage
I whisper loud enough for the one behind me to hear
" geez I didn't know psychopaths liked to admire themselves in front of everyone?"
One of them comes up behind me and shoves me against the wall. Watch it princess you won't be saying that later on tonight.
I, I can't
Can't breathe? Maybe you should have thought this through. You really are pathetic, but Its fine cause only have to deal with you for a few more hours. I'm surprised not even one of your friends called?

My friend usually calls but she's spending the night with her boyfriend who just came home
"Let me guess Ethan dolan?"
How? Uh
Come on connect the dots it's pretty obvious Ethan hasn't mentioned his younger brother Grayson for a reason.
Yeah I heard enough can you let go of me now, your literally digging your nails into my skin.
Shut up Moron he's coming don't move.
The other guys gather around the black van waiting for the door to open.

The door opens up to a tall tan muscular guy with a sharp jawline and brunette locks that seem to have been untouched. Ripped dark blue jeans with a bright red puffy coat.
All the attention is on him I even catch myself staring until I realized it was Grayson
I couldn't believe what I was seeing I had to get out of here fast and warn Nicole and Ethan
Grayson has been locked up for the past three years for committing crime for who knows what!

I face towards the guy blocking his view of Grayson kneeling him in the crotch
He lightens his grip till I break free and run loose down the highway.
I was panting and gasping for air scared to run into one of the five guys.
I begin to slow down to catch my breath when one of them grabs my waist from behind and sticks a needle into my neck making my vision blurry and collapsing into their arms.

Switch to Nicole's perspective
Ethan and I were peaceful cuddling on the couch watching Netflix before the phone started to ring.
I'll get it Ethan responds kissing my forehead.
He quickly turns around and gives me a look of fear. I run over to him and grab the phone
"Who is this?"
Well hello there Nicole I was just letting you know that your friend here is passed out on the concrete floor. You still have time to get her before I let my man do whatever they please to her.
I know your thinking of calling the cops and if you do your friend dies so you can come here and pretend nothing happened or get the consequence.
Bring Ethan too bye boo

She's being held hostage..'