Shifter

The wind, a item of nature most disregarded to be an annoying nuisance, but in this instance, just one insignificant gust of wind created a hero to be remembered throughout the ages. It was a cold and grey London morning, everyone in a right state of mind was inside with a hot cup of tea. Yet one man by the name of tom trek was stumbling up the streets to work. Just as he turned round the corner a huge gust of wind came through and knocked him into the the front of the cafe that he had been walking past. Knocking over several tables he burst into the cafe swearing and yelling but just before he did so he noticed a look from a cold man in the corner of such secrecy and interest, the kind you only see once or twice in a life time...

Tom got up, brushed him self up, received a good slap from the manager and was kicked out of the cafe . Tom look back into the cafe from one of their large glass windows and look in to see if he could find the intriguing man. He looked at the table were the man was sitting at, nothing was there. The large meal and huge coffee he had been drinking were gone, this puzzled tom as he swore on his life that the man had been sitting there just two seconds before. Must be my imagination thought tom. All ready late for work he rubbed his head thought fully and headed down the street towards his work. The cold London rain stopped and just like the streets filled with hundreds of people. Then from behind tom was roughy push aside and felt something small and light fall into his pocket. When Tom looked back he recognised the cold man from the cafe, tom blinked to clear his eyes but when he opened them just air filled the space of the man who was just there seconds before.

Tom just decided it was just the cold London air messing with him, moving on from the too rather odd events of this morning tom arrived at his office building. A large block of grey concrete depressing in almost every way. It was over 15 stories high and each floor filled with a different company from lawyers to a small film company. The only thing unusual about the building was the old magic shop built in 1800 London over 200 hundred years ago. Whenever tom walked past it to get to the lift for his job on the 10th floor he felt a tinge in the back of his head that someone was watching him. Tom worked for a lower class photography agency called a frame per second. Walking as fast as he could tom walked past the magic shop and went to the lift, everything was normal until halfway up the building when the elevator stopped and started falling!

Tom felt the the elevator free falling down its shaft towards his death. Tom realised he only had seconds left and there was no hope,so he closed his eyes and waited. Silence, silence and only silence is the only thing he could sense for the next couple of seconds until he opened his eyes...

"Am I dead", said tom allowed to himself.

Tom looked around and realised he was sitting in an antique chair in the middle of a dusty room full of book shelves and glass cabinets. At a closer inspection each shelf was full of old books and antiques of all sorts, swords, knives, plates, exotic instruments and on one shelf lay a shrunken head! Tom rose from his chair his chair and continued to search his new strange surrounding. He saw a long wooden bench with a check out machine and another collection of assorted objects. Now knowing this was a shop tom proceeded to find the exit and his way out.

Tom found the exit soon enough and burst out of the shop and his jaw dropped as he realised that he was outside his work place. Deciding This was to much tom sat down on a near by bench took a his hands in his head. He quickly searched for his phone, he really needed to speak to someone. While searching for his phone he noticed a small business card neatly tucked away in his pocket with only one sentence printed out on it. It read "the magic shop, be there at 10". Tom looked at the magic and looked at the watch and saw he had five minutes to 10. Deciding he had enough tom hailed a near by cab and told the driver he would pay double if he could get as far away from here as possible in 5 minutes.