Meet Maddie.

Maddie's POV.

Mondays. In a gloomy country, so much fun. i look outside, seeing the pouring rain crash against the road. I hear the sound drumming onto my roof, giving me an instant alarm clock. I hear my mum call me from downstairs, as she has some 'exciting' news. Things don't tend to be exciting anymore for me. Well, i have been through one of the toughest things anyone can ever go through. I try to keep a smile though. I have friends, it's not like im a loner or anything. The reason for me being so sad is, is that in 2011 we decided to go on a family trip to Llandudno beach in Wales. What was meant to be a fun day, turned out to be the worst day of my life. My little brother, Jack, (yes, i used to have a brother) ran towards the ocean tide, buzzing with excitement. Before we knew it, we saw him drowning, screaming for help. The crashing waves smashed against the jagged rocks, near where we were. Running to him was my dad, petrified for his poor son. He, and my brother were both gone. The tide was too strong for their bodies. Bless them both, not a day goes by when i don't think of them.

After slowly trotting down the stairs, i saw a very happy mumma, grinning the biggest grin i've ever seen her do. It was just me and her, together forever.

"Now Maddie, i know you love it here." said my mum. I had no idea what she was on about, but anyway. "Our lives are about to take an amazing turn for the better, Mads!" To be honest, i was pretty psyched at this point, but i had no clue what she was on about still. "Maddie, were moving to Kansas!"

What.