Little by Little

She said we should cool-off, that we need to give each other space and time. As she said those words, I just stood there, looking into the abyss, thinking, "How did it get here?"

Date: October 29, 2011

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her.

"Yes, I would be honored to be your girlfriend." She answered

That day marked something not only in my heart, but into my life. After waiting for three months, we are finally together. At first, we were so happy, living like there's no tomorrow. We love each other very much, and that is a fact. Little did we know that things were gonna take a nasty turn...

Date: December 31, 2011

"I'm leaving you! You cheated on me!"  she said to me.

"Please, just give me one more chance. I know I messed up, my past just caught up with me." I answered

My bestfriend, whom I trusted for so long and loved, destroyed my identity and reputation in front of my girlfriend. If there was only a gun in sight, I would have long shot my bestfriend. There was nothing I could do, she left me. She's never coming back....

Date: January 1, 2012

"Ok, we're back together, but it will be hard for me to trust you again since you broke it." she said.

"I promise, I won't screw up this time. You are my one and only love." I answered lovingly.

Thanks to one of my close friends, we were back together. I was happy for what happened, but, the love this time is, different. She has little trust in me, so I have to battle my way to earn her trust.

Somewhere between January 10,2012 and February 1, 2012, her mother took away her cellphone. She got grounded. There was little communication between us, the only news I get from her is by letters. There are nights that I just stare at the ceiling wondering if she's thinking of me, or at least, she misses me.

Date: February 11, 2011

I went to her school for their foundation day. Although the previous week, she got her friends to tell me I shouldn't go. But as a faithful lover (and a stubborn one), I went to the school. At first, we can't stick together because her mother could just be anywhere (considering her mother is a teacher in her school), but as the day passed by, we decided it was time. I mustered all my courage and we walked slowly. I spoke to her mother, but I can't put here what she said. Anyways, it's about the value of our relationship.

Date: March 26, 2011

"Sorry but, we need to cool-off. I need time and space to rebuild my love for you. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to return the love you gave me."

When she said that, I stared into my soul in disbelief. How could this happen? Where did I go wrong? There were so many things that I could've done for her, but, I need to learn how to accept and face reality.

As I write this story, my mind keeps thinking, "When will she come back?"