Chapter 5 - Comfort

Ash's POV

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. Weird, I'm just a loser. Wonder why anyone would want to come to my house. I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth, then ran downstairs and opened the door to a surprise.
"Serena?"

"Uh hi, Ash. I wanted to walk with you to school since Calem texted me and said he was gonna go in late to school," she said.

Ugh, what a jerk. Calem's probably cheating again. But a good opportunity to get to know Serena better after our 3 year... break I guess.

"Uhh, sure! I'd love to walk with you," I replied.

"Ok, let's go then," she said.

On the way, I decided to tell her what I saw. After all, it was very disturbing and she deserves to know anyway.

"Serena..." I started.

"What is it Ash?" she asked.

"Um, how should I say this... Calem is cheating on you.." I slowly said.

"Prove it!" she half yelled.

-----------------------------

Serena's POV

"Um, how should I say this.. Calem is cheating on you.." he slowly said.

I can't believe it. I knew he was trouble! But I still don't know for sure. Ash might be lying, even though in the time we were friends he never lied to me. Ever.

"Prove it!" I half yelled. I wouldn't say I was angry, because I was probably going to break up with him, cheating or no cheating.

"Ok. Take a look at this picture. I was walking home and I heard a loud sexual noise coming from Miette's house, so I looked through her window and I saw this!" he said, clearly disturbed by what he saw.

The picture was easily the most disturbing picture I've ever seen.

MIETTE!! I THOUGHT SHE WAS MY FRIEND! I CAN'T BELIEVE HER! 

 I burst out crying.

"Ash.. to be honest... I'm not.. even mad about Calem cheating... I'm just mad.. That Miette betrayed me," I sobbed.

He wrapped him arm around me and patted my back. The warmth of being around him came back, but much stronger than before. 

"Shh.. It's ok.. It's better I told you than you finding out on your own," he softly said.

That's true. I wouldn't have him to comfort me or anyone else, anyway. But seriously, Miette? Why did she have to do that! I did nothing to her!

"True.." I responded.

I gotta ask my mom why I feel so warm and fuzzy around Ash. Maybe she'd know what it is.

-----------------------------------

Ash's POV

Even though she was crying, man was she adorable. Her sapphire blue, beautiful eyes sparkling like stars. Too bad she's too good for me, anyway. I can't even believe she's talking to me. Yet, I still feel bad for her about this whole situation. But what surprises me the most is that she didn't even care that Calem was cheating! All she cared about was that Miette betrayed her. Maybe I should ask if she needs me to help her confront Calem.

"Serena, do you want me to help you confront Calem? He might get angry at you and physically hurt you, so I want to make sure that doesn't happen," I said, my arm still wrapped around her.

"Sure! That would be great, thank you," she replied.

Thank Arceus. I didn't want her getting hurt so if she refused that would stink. 

--------

Serena and I are on our way to lunch, but more importantly, to confront Calem. I can't believe all this. At least in the end, she is breaking up with someone who didn't deserve her.