Easy methods to Change Case in Many Excel Cells

There aren't many aspects of writing more annoying than correct case. A sentence printed in all uppercase provides the illusion that the AUTHOR IS YELLING. Vice versa, a sentence in all lower case makes the writer look lazy. As we have become progressively lazier, numerous word processing programs will remedy minor capitalization issues automatically. This primarily refers to capitalizing the first word in the sentence if it is forgotten. However, this doesn't help if a document is received and is already in an improper case. As this generally brings ideas of Microsoft Word documents, it also pertains to text inputted into an Excel spreadsheet.

The ability to perform more complicated [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/change_ms_excel_text_case_software/ text case changes] is available within many word processing programs such as Microsoft Excel 2013. These tools in Excel are referred to as functions. To use these options in Microsoft Excel 2013, find the cells that you wish to change. From here, go to the cell directly to the right of the cell(s) to alter. Each different case has a different function code to enter in. If you want to change the contents of a cell to proper case, just enter in ' = PROPER(A1) ' assuming the cell to be altered is cell A1. The various case options include: all lowercase, all uppercase, sentence case (capitalizing the first word in the sentence), proper case (capitalizing each word), and custom capitalization. After one cell is modified, you can use the flash fill option within Excel to disperse the formatting to other cells. This is done by clicking the small box in the lower right corner of the cell that has the function in it and pulling that box around any other cells that need to be changed.

A huge efficiency boost is available through a simple stop at www.hothotsoftware.com. Simply searching for 'How to Change Case of Multiple Excel Cells' yields a program purposely written to satisfy your Excel file needs. The program is actually written to work within the Excel spreadsheet application itself, also known as a plugin. This means that upon opening Microsoft Excel, you will notice an additional tab in the ribbon bar across the top of the window. This new tab will say [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/change_ms_excel_text_case_software/ 'Text Case Changer'.] This tab sports a classic user interface that allows even a basic computer user to understand and master the software in a short amount of time. From here, any number of cells within the spreadsheet can be chosen. Then, click the 'Text Case Changer' tab. There are then four selections for text alterations in the cells. These adjustments include: all lowercase, all uppercase, sentence case (capitalizing the first word in the sentence), and proper case (capitalizing each word). After the desired cells have been designated, just select the most appropriate form of capitalization and your text will immediately be altered appropriately.

To learn more about enhancing your document productivity, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFm-uetUarw. Case changes can be imperative and they must be done correctly. Don't waste your time and stress about making a mistake. Let this software handle it for you and put your mind at rest.