Chapter 1

Camilla's POV

"Beep!Beep!Beep!" I hit my alarm clock. Oh how i hate Mondays, such a pain in the ass. Oh by the way, my name is Camilla Harris. Im 5'4, i have long curly brown hair, im a senior, im mixed, and i guess im what they called "THICK", but honestly i hate my body. My momma was Dominican and my dad was half Haitian and American. Im an only child. My momma died the day after my 7th birthday due to cancer. At times i like to think that she was givin an extra day just to be with me on birthday. I used to live in Florida, but when i turned 10 my dad made us move to Jersey. He said that it will be a fresher start for us.

As much as i didnt want to get up, i knew i had to. i got up did my hygiene and picked out what to wear. I didnt have high fashioned name brand clothes but i still settled with what i had. I settled on wearing a plain black shirt, dark blue jeans, and black converses. i then went to go put on makeup to cover up the scars on my face from last night.

"Flashback"

"Look i dont know who you think you are but i pay these god damn bills in this house so what i say goes NOW COME HERE!" It was a sunday night and as i was doing homework, i herd the front door open then slammed shut. I already knew who it was. It had to be the crazy, drunk, and abusive man that i called father. "yes dad" "now is that how you greet the man of the house" I went up to him and kissed him on the cheek, but he went and took it too far. "Dad stop your dru-" Before i could say anything, he went and back handed me which made me fell to the ground. He went and grabbed me by my leg and dragged me to the living room couch. He went about and repeatedly punch me. "You want to know something, you a bitch just like your mother. The only difference between you two is that you actually pretty." I pleaded and screamed for him to stop, but like always, the hero never came to my rescue.

It wasn't the first time hes done this. I guess i just gave up on waiting on superman to come to my rescue. After getting dressed, i grabbed my jacket since we were in the middle of March, and went down stairs.

As i got down the stairs, i saw Victor sprawled out on the couch sleeping

of course he was drunk. Just by stairing at him, these thoughts flowed into my mind, "Does he even love? and if he does, why does he do this to me? What did i ever do to him?" Tears immediately started to form in my face, but i quickly wiped them and walked out the house.

I walked out the house. i had to walk 2 blocks to get to my bus stop. Lets just say where i live is the definition of ghetto. Theres crackheads, drunks, and dope boys on every block tryna get paid. I've heard of this guy named Rage. Supposably he's the biggest drug-lord on this part of the state. I heard he was dangerous. I'll just have to stay aware.

The bus finally arrived, thank god! i got in and was about to sit when some guy pushed past me. Not even when he pushed, he sat in my seat. ive had that seat since Freshman year. Weird thing is that i just noticed how quiet the bus got when he walked in. Its like he had this authority to shut things down.

As he sat down in MY seat, I finally saw what he looked like. Lets just say GOD! Man he was gorgeous. He had to be like 6'3, he had tattoos all over, and was caramel complexion. He had one ear pierced with a black stud. I guess i was staring for along time cause my thoughts were interrupted by Mr.Will, the bus driver. "Ms.Camilla, unless you dont want everyone on this bus to be late, i advise you to sit down" Well that was embarrassing.

I quickly sat down the seat across from. I dont even know this guy name and just by his appearance, that made me feel a little tingle down my body. What the hell was i doing. i sat quiet through the ride. i could hear the gossip being spread, arguments going on, and music being played. I wish i had some way to ignore it, but i had no phone or any sort of device. when I'd ask him for one, he'd smack me and tell me how selfish i was.

We finally arrived at school. i walked straight to my locker and got my stuff. i only had less than 3 minutes to get to my class which was on the other side of the school. while walking the bitch squad leader Mariah, a.k.a " Hoe of the school", tripped me. "Ooopps! im sorry it was Not an accident i swear. Sorry Camel-la!" She and her followers laughed and walked away.

I turned and headed to class hoping i wouldn't be late, but little did i know another interruption was heading my way. As i turned, someone bumped into me. At that same moment the bell ringed. "Shit!" i said low, but high enough for the person to hear. "Damn, my bad ma." When i looked up it was him. We then locked eyes.