The First Visit

"So what's the problem this time?"

Ladybug gestured at the snarling thing before them: an almost human thing with elongated claws and unnaturally large teeth, tearing rabidly through cars and buildings. "That."

"Yikes," Chat Noir recoiled.

"Yeah."

"Who is that?"

"The guy was angry at a dog for biting him, and the next thing you know..."

The thing- man, looked up at the two of them and smiled maliciously, inhuman. "Ladybug and Chat Noir. Give me your miraculouses and I won't rip your arms off."

"Tempting offer, but I'm gonna have to say no. Do you know where his akuma is?" Chat Noir addressed Ladybug.

"I think it's the collar around his wrist."

"Alright, I got this one," he said, lunging towards the man-beast.

Ladybug crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? All by yourself?"

"It's the classic tale! Cat versus dog!" Chat Noir shouted as he landed behind the creature. "Cataclysm!" As he shouted the words, like a spell, specks of glowing green light melted out of his hand, swirling around his fingers.

Ladybug ran forward and attacked the beast, throwing her feet into his chest, knocking him back. With the words, "Lucky Charm!", a pair of handcuffs materialized into her hand. Grabbing him by the wrist, she threw the man. His spine hit a bike stand. Quickly, she cuffed his right hand.

Chat Noir rushed towards them and quickly destroyed the collar with his destructive claw. A pure white butterfly flew out, exuding light. Ladybug quickly entrapped it with her yo-yo.

"Is it just me, or is Hawk Moth's demons getting lamer and lamer?" Chat Noir asked.

"Don't jinx it," she replied. A swarm of ladybugs emerged from her yo-yo, and healed the mess left by the akuma's villainy.

"You know, we're such a good team in costume. Maybe we'd be a good pair out of costume too?"

Ladybug scoffed. "Or maybe we'd bitterly hate each other," she suggested.

Chat Noir took her hand romantically. "As if I could ever hate you," he said, batting his eyelashes.

Ladybug laughed. "See ya next time, Chat," she said, before running off, raven hair bouncing behind her.

Chat sighed before leaving in the same fashion.

~

In the classroom, no one called Ladybug "Ladybug". No one saw her as the brilliant young superhero saving Paris day and night. Instead, she was... Marinette. The baker's hopeless daughter. Staring at the back of Adrien's blonde head.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Marinette's eyes continued to follow Adrien's head as he got up and joined his friends, smiling, laughing.

"God, you're hopeless," Alya noted.

"Tell me about it."

"Ey. Ey! Marinette, snap out of it. Listen to me."

"Wha-a-a-at?" Marinette groaned, facing her.

"Did you see my blog yesterday?"

"No, why?"

"Ladybug and Chat Noir took down the city's latest threat in minutes. Like it was nothing."

"That's good."