Wonwoo~ Popsicle

"Ah, nope," I stated.

Turning away from the roller coaster I shook my head vigorously at the group of boys standing there. They were all staring excitedly at the ride like there was no say in the matter. I didn't like the gleams in the many pairs of eyes that turned to me.

"Coming to the theme park was your idea Bo-hui-ssi," Hoshi pointed out.

"Yeah, well I came for the food and games. Going a thousand feet into the air is not something I signed up for," I countered.

The group laughed at my reaction, while I just angrily pouted at them. Why did I come here with them again?

"It's not a thousand feet in the air," Jun said.

I stared at him with half lidded eyes, not amused by his joke. "Thank you oh wise one," I muttered.

"Come on let's get in the queue before it gets too long," Seungcheol said.

Those eager to get on the ride nodded and followed their eldest club member towards the line while I dug the heel of my shoe into the ground wanting anything but to go near the insane ride.

Huffing a sigh I turned in the opposite direction accepting the fact that I had been ditched for a looping thrill as I looked for something that would be fun to do on my own. Glancing around at the stalls for games and snacks my shoulders slumped at the pairs and groups of people laughing together as they moved about the park. Amusement Parks were meant for people to spend a good time with others not alone.

Right, that was why I came with the club, I thought with a heavy sigh.

I had wanted to go to the theme park since I started high school, but I never had a reason to go, or anyone to go with until I joined the music club as their utilities girl. I cleaned the club room and all the instruments and even organized the materials they would need for that day. After a month in the club the school offered to pay for a team building day out, and I may have stretched the truth about what we were doing. Now the music club was here, well they were in line for the terrifying roller coaster and I was at a souvenir shop looking through its collection of bag straps.

"Hey," someone tapped my shoulder.

Startled I turned to see Wonwoo standing there lowering his hand.

"Why aren't you in line?" I asked still slightly bitter at being left behind.

"Didn't feel like it," he answered casually.

Turning my back to him I returned to aimlessly looking at the bag decorations as I said, "What are you talking about? I saw your eyes light up when we stopped next to the ride."

I heard him shrug as he stepped up next to me. I could feel him looking over my shoulder as I sat down a purple fluffy ball with cute cartoon eyes and pick up a strap with a crystal sunflower at the end.

"That's pretty," he commented. Completely ignoring my earlier words.

"Yes it is," I agreed.

Setting it down I shoved my hands into the pocket of my sweatshirt as I moved to leave the store. Wonwoo didn't follow as the door shut behind me, or as I made my way over to a cart that was selling ice cream. I bought a rainbow colored ice pop, a park specialty, and took a seat on a blue bench that was facing the roller coaster. I wondered when the guys would get on, or if I would be able to tell?

I was about halfway through the popsicle when someone sat down next to me. Peering sideways I saw it was Wonwoo again, he was also looking at the ride. Perplexed as to why he was not with the others I turned fully to stare at him. He was wearing his glasses today, and his hair was slightly disheveled because of the wind. I liked this him, I mean it was hard not to like him. He was kind and he stuck up for me when I was falling behind in my club duties- taking care of thirteen boys and their musical toys was difficult, I didn't understand how Seungcheol handled them in practice. Wonwoo was the friend I didn't even realize I had befriended, things just went so smoothly.