1

"Amelia! Open up! I've got pizza!" he called from the door. Though he had a key to her apartment, he never used it. Instead, he pounded at the door yelling her name, waiting for her to open the door. "I'm in the shower! Go get a key!" Amelia shouted back to him over the music blasting in the bathroom. When she finished, she walked out in a big t-shirt and underwear, sitting next to Jack, who had already made himself comfortable on her bed.

Amelia's apartment was small but doable. It was a worn down studio apartment. Cement flooring covered in small paintings she had painted when she was bored. Her bed, which only consisted of a mattress, sheets, and an old quilt, was stuffed in a corner. Next to her bed stood an alarm clock and a salt lamp.  Across from her bed sat an old box T.V. with a VHS tape and DVD player. A few feet away was her small kitchen, next to it was the bathroom. A small little storage room held all her clothes and shoes. But aside from that, she had a long window that held a small view of the city. All of her plants lined up in a straight line sat on the window ceil. Amelia made her crappy apartment into a cozy one.

"Okay, so," Jack started, "I brought more VHS tapes!" he said with excitement ringing in his voice. Amelia shot him a look. Ever since he found a store that had VHS tapes, he just kept buying and buying them. "I know, I know. I've brought you so many, but there is just too many great films out there!" Because he seemed so happy, Amelia let him talk his heart out about how watching VHS films with her was his favorite thing.

"Look," he whispered as he tilted her head so she could see the shooting star. They sat on her little balcony outside her window, both swaddled in blankets, looking out at her night sky. "Are you staying over?" she asked softly as her eyes started to get heavy. "I was thinking so if it's okay with you," "Of course, I'm just going to head to bed." She said as her yawn broke up her sentence. Amelia set her alarm and fell asleep. Jack sat on the balcony for awhile after she fell asleep, sorting out his thoughts. When he was laying next to her, he cupped his hand on her cheek and kissed her on the forehead. "Goodnight." He whispered.

***************************

new story! please like and comment and stuff. also dm me because i want to talk to you guys. ps it untitled bc i dont have a name for it. oops.