Cinema Date (A Dougie Poyner/OC OneShot)

Prompt no.22 - Cinema

Today the band had a photo shoot for some magazine and Dougie had been in quite a bad mood because he had to get up early. The only good part of the day for him was that Tom was friends with the hot photographer, Millie, so she joined the band for a trip to Starbucks when the photo shoot was over. Dougie was even more pleased when he realized that Millie was a really nice person, slightly crazy but that's a good thing. Girls with a boring personality were just not his type.

They had been in Starbucks for about 45 minutes when Tom announced that he had to go, as him and Gi were going shopping for baby stuff. Harry offered to drive him home after Tom had came back to ask someone to take him home as he hadn't brought his car. That had set everyone off laughing, so they had all decided to leave Starbucks so that people would stop glaring at them. After Tom and Harry had left, Danny also suddenly left muttering about how Millie and Dougie were ignoring him and that he had better conversations with Bruce, his dog. That left Millie and Dougie on their own, walking through the park.

"So Millie, what do you want to do?" Dougie asked. He really wanted to spend more time to get to know Millie.

"Well I have to go back to the shoot as The Vamps are going to be on the front cover next month and the only time that we could get was this evening, but we can meet up some other time." Millie replied, wishing she didn't have to go back to the shoot. No one there liked her anyway and Dougie was a really nice guy. Tom had told her about all of his band mates, but she hadn't expected that all the stories she had been told about how weird they were, were actually true. She hadn't expected Dougie to be so shy, although he was starting to open up more and so was she.

"Maybe tomorrow night?" Dougie asked hopefully. "We could go to the cinema or something?" He had no clue what they could watch, but it was the first thing that popped into his head.

"Sure I would love too." Millie eagerly agreed. "What time? I'm free after half four." Millie asked whilst getting out a pen from her never ending pockets.

"We're in the studio tomorrow so I can probably get out at around 8pm. Is quarter past eight, tomorrow evening alright?" Dougie said. Millie nodded and grabbed Dougie's hand after pulling out her pen. "I'll pick you up from here then?" He was curious as to what she was doing. When she pulled away from his hand he looked at it and realized it was her number.

"I don't have my phone and I can only remember my number 50% of the time, so I had to write it down quickly or else I would have forgot. Sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine." Dougie assured her, "So it's a date then?" He said. When he realized he said date he had a slight panic, but when she smiled back at him he calmed down.

"Yeah, it's a date. See you tomorrow Dougie." They headed their separate ways, both with big grins on their faces.

-S-

As soon as Dougie saw the clock change from 7:59 to 8:00 he told the others he had to go. He drove back to the park where him and Millie agreed to meet. He got there dead on 8:15 and was quite proud of himself. However he was quite shocked when someone knocked on his car window. When he saw that it was only Millie he motioned for her to get in. They talked about how there day had been on the drive to the cinema. They went in and looked at the board of what was showing. For some unknown reason they decided that they would watch the Lego Movie in 3D. Dougie paid for the tickets and Millie let him as she was going to buy sweets. They bought lots of sweets, but no popcorn, something that Dougie complained about. When they went into the actual room they decided they would sit on the seats that were above the doorway. As they waited for the film to start they talked even more.

"Sitting here makes me want to drop sweets on people walking in." Millie admitted.

"Me too." Dougie agreed. They both laughed and seemed to share a thought. Moving forward on their chairs they picked up a few sweet wrappers and waited for people to come in. When someone did come in they dropped the sweet wrappers and then ducked back behind the mini wall thing that was there to stop you falling. They did this a few times before a member of staff came in and told them to stop. They found this hilarious as it was a young man who looked like he would rather be out partying than working in a cinema. Then throughout the actual film they started daring each other to do stupid things like moaning really loudly when the film goes quiet and shouting advice to the characters. There wasn't many people there so it wasn't until there was 10 minutes of the film left that they got asked to leave. It was the same guy that had been in before. He looked more amused than he did annoyed. When they left the cinema they stood just outside and tried to stop laughing. However when they looked at each other they burst out laughing again. It started raining, so they ran to Dougie's car and got in.

"I enjoyed myself a lot tonight." Millie told Dougie. They were now both looking at each other. But now they weren't laughing, they just had big grins on their faces.

"So did I." Dougie agreed. There faces were slowly inching closer. They could both feel there heart beats getting faster as they moved closer. Suddenly Dougie's hands gently held Millie's face, her eyes closed. He closed the final gap between them and their lips touched. For both of them it felt right, it felt like pure bliss. At first it was gentle and then it got more passionate. They pulled apart. For a moment they stayed still, heads resting together, eyes closed and trying to catch their breath. When they had recovered, they opened their eyes and smiled at each other.

"Tonight has been the best night I've had in a long time." Millie said and they both laughed. They were both amazed by how much they had in common, they loved it. If only they had more time with each other.

A/N Thanks for reading. If you liked this enough please remember to vote and comment. ^_^