Who Hasn't Read My Story

Finally, after drafts upon drafts of hard work and time, patience and turmoil, obstacles and difficulty... it was complete. Ali and Lauren's beautiful work of literary genius "Read My Story" had met the end of it's creation. Now, at such an early hour, their first, and one might say articulate, novel would be published.

Of course, everyone would read it. The very title itself commanded so. Yet a constant, nagging thought persisted in Ali and Lauren's minds. "What if they don't? What if they ignore the ever-present order listed so carefully and meticulously at the top of the masterpiece?" And so, Ali and Lauren hesitated, their fingers hovering above the publish button. They felt the urge to press down on it and end the suspense... but still, the thought remained in their heads.

"What's the worse that can happen if we publish this book?" Question Ali and Lauren. They repeat this over and over again until they almost believe it. Little did they know, they were about to discover the answer to that very question.

Lauren stretched her arm forward and slowly pushed the button that would publish their story. Then she lifted her finger and they stared at the screen, unaware of the impending implications of Lauren's actions.

Suddenly, a notification popped up an Ali's laptop screen. It was... a read?! Sure enough, one person had already read their work of pure brilliance. Now Lauren's finger hovered above a different button, the one that would allow them to view their literary admirers. Upon pressing it, it was revealed to them that their fan was none other than Jacob. Hmph. Oh well.

As Ali began to close the lid to her laptop, she could not decide whether to feel grateful or somber. Maybe many more had come across their book yet hadn't heeded the title's instruction. All they ever wanted was for anyone to read it. However, the thought of no being revered by others for their writing accomplishments was overwhelming.

And then, another popped up on Ali's screen. Strange. Another reader, perhaps? One was a coincidence. But two? How had only two found their story in the wide, expansive library of Wattpad?

Probably Jack, Lauren guessed. He could never follow the rules. Ali opened up a conversation tab and jokingly typed, "Congrats! You're literate! The title clearly states 'Read My Story,'" followed by a laughing/crying face Emoji x3. He didn't respond, and after five minutes, They grew uneasy. There was an easier way to know.

They clicked on the readers button, ready to confirm their accurate guess. "What... that can't be right..." They doubted. But the truth was right there, bright as day, or at least as bright as the maximum screen setting. It wasn't Jack who read their story. They squinted at the screen, as if partially closing their eyes would open them to the truth. "What on earth... what kind of name is that?"

Just as they were about to check out this new readers profile, a comment appeared in Ali's conversation stream from the mysterious figure herself. It was simply 4 words, harmless when apart, but in this particular order, in this particular fashion, inspiring fear and suspense.

"I will find you."

Ali and Lauren's heads swam with a jumble of agitation and questions. They sat there, unable to think, until finally, Ali replied:

"Who are you?"

A minute passed, maybe two. Ali and Lauren gathered their thoughts and decided to do the one thing that they should have done in the first place. View her profile.

But in an instant, the mystery reader was no more. When they tried clicking on the profile, a Wattpad window appeared: "Sorry this page no longer exists." Their attempts to view the profile twice more were in vain. Upon returning to their conversation stream, the singular comment had vanished. Instead a "Who are you?" Written by Ali stood alone, a question that, to a random onlooker, would have no specific audience. Ali and Lauren knew though. They knew they were not alone.

Who was this elusive figure, and what did her comment mean?

Who is Breanna Volleyball?