Bad Boy Next Door

Knocking. An annoying sound that continued to ring in my ears, the noise getting louder with every second. Peeking one eye open I looked over to see it was coming from my window. Glancing at my clock I scowled. What the hell was going on at three o'clock in the damn morning? Pulling my covers back I was met with the chilly air causing goosebumps skittering across my skin in my barely there night gown.

I had grown accustomed to wearing my old booty shorts that were no longer in good enough shape for the gym, and a tiny black tank top with a built in bra. I had always had a problem with being uncomfortable unless I had a bra on, so this was the next best thing when it came to sleeping without one.

Padding across the wooden floor I growled out my annoyance when I noticed Gage leaning in to make sure I was coming to meet him. Gage was my next door neighbor, and the worst part about the whole thing was we shared the tiny three feet gap between our bedroom windows. So, any time the bastard got bored he came knocking on my window, never bothering to do it at a civilized hour. I'd given up a long time ago on ignoring him, because the asshole just wouldn't stop.

Lifting the glass, I gave him what I hoped was a convincing go to hell look. He simply grinned at me. "Good morning, sunshine." His voice sounded gruff, like he'd just woken up. I couldn't help the small tingle it made me feel. I may have hated the dude for being an asshole, but I am a woman, and no one could deny that Gage wasn't one fine piece of bad boy meat.

"It's three o'clock in the morning, Gage. What the fuck do you want?" My chipped response only made his smile grow. With his shaggy dark hair hanging low in his pretty blue eyes I tried to avert my gaze. Looking directly in them would be a mistake, because just like every other time before I would catch him checking out my chest. My boobs weren't small, and wearing the tiny piece of material I had on gave anyone within shooting distance a nice view of the annoyingly large 38Ds.

Looking down I found that to be just as much of a mistake, as I was met with the nearly ten foot drop to the first floor of my front yard. I gulped, jerking my eyes back up to see him stretching across the window, crawling towards me. "What are you doing?!" I all but hissed through my teeth, but my anger didn't seem to faze him as he continued on until I was forced to back up and leave him room to climb into my bedroom.

When I stood back I crossed my arms over my chest in annoyance, tapping my foot as I waited for him to answer me. "I can't sleep tonight. Lisa and Nathan are arguing again, so I'm going to sleep over at yours." He was what? Lisa and Nathan were his adopted parents, but they were always at each others throats, so he tended to ignore them. Being a university student like I was he couldn't afford to live on his own, but getting a closer look at him I noticed the bags under his eyes-clear signs of exhaustion- and nearly said yes. However, before I could answer him I was met with the sound of the TV in the next room over flipping on, reminding me my brother was still awake. That guy I swear was a night owl.

"You can't stay here, Gage. If Tim finds you in my room he'll kill you without hesitating." Something I said seemed to be funny to him, because the next minute he started laughing. I quickly ran up to him, my hand coming up to cover his mouth. It seemed to surprise him, but he didn't say anything again until I'd made sure my brother hadn't heard him and removed my hand.

It may seem like I'm exaggerating, but I was seriously being honest. Being twenty years old and living with my over bearing brother could be a pain in the ass on my dating life, so I tended to avoid bringing guys home.... through the front door. Yet, Gage just didn't seem to give a damn. 

It would almost be endearing if he actually did it to spend time with me, but all he ever used me for was an excuse to pass the time at night if he couldn't sleep, or a place to stay if he was restless in his own house with arguing parents. I had let it happen one time before, but that was before I found out how much of a dick he was and tried to avoid him at all costs. Before I had almost imagined seeing myself with him. He was definitely a looker, standing at a staggering six foot three at least he looked like your average bad boy biker, and that's exactly what he was.