loneliness.

외로움.

lone·li·ness:
sadness because one has no friends or company.

that's what malli felt. felt ever since she was little. it was a nagging feeling that never left her no matter how many people she surrounded herself with. it was like a fly that kept swarming around you no matter how much you swatted your hand at it.

once she turned 19 and enrolled in college, she realized that the whole "befriend as many people as possible" plan wouldn't work and it seemed like it never will. so instead of surrounding herself with people, she surrounded herself with flowers. she took up the offer of working as a florist as a part time job.

flowers calmed her down and allowed her to feel at ease, something humans never let her feel.

but soon, a boy was one exception.

a boy that goes by the name, kim taehyung.

kim taehyung was an art major student and was quite a popular boy around campus. he's often nicknamed "sunshine" because everyone always sees him smiling and laughing with his many friends, and he always paints with bright colors.

but that was his creative secret. he liked to hide his sadness with saturated paintings and his box smile.

when these two meet, will their loneliness disappear? and if so, what emotion will bloom in its place?

a kim taehyung fanfiction.

© knewbetter