00:00

I sat at the bus stop rubbing my hands together, trying to keep warm. "Bus to Atlanta departing in 10 mins." I internally screamed and headed for the bus stop. Right before I approached the bus, and man comes on the intercom. "Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was the bus to Dallas departing. The bus to Atlanta  is canceled. Great I say to myself. I sigh and walked to the nearest payphone. I dug into my coat pocket for a dime and called my mother.

"Helloooo" She slurred through the phone

"Hey mom, Could you pick me up from the bus station?"

"Ahhhh baby im sorry. I cant pick you up.... Im a little busy

I hung up the phone and sat at the nearest bench by the payphone. Minutes later a black SUV pulled up. I heard a car door open and close. I looked at the truck for a quick second and turned my head as I hugged my coat.

"Excuses me miss? Are you okay?" He placed his hand on my shoulder as I replied.

"Yes, Im okay?"

"What are doing out here in the cold?"

"I was getting on a bus to Atlanta but it was canceled."

"Well my name is Cedric but people call me K-Ci. Me and my crew was about to rent a hotel,maybe we can pay for a room for you to stay in for awhile.

I looked up at him with a soft smile "Im sorry but I cant do that."

He smiled back "yes you can. Come on, Its alright. I don't want you out here freezing to death."

I finally gave in and picked up my bag. He grabbed it from me and placed them in the back of the trunk.

"Thanks Cedric or K-Ci" I said as I closed the door.

"No problem,but call me K-Ci."

I smiled as he drove from the bus station.