Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE: Encounter with the Prince...

***
"CLEAN the bowls, wash the napkins. Send the quilts to his room. Make sure everything is neat and perfect. We don't want anything to go wrong", Madam Batch was firing orders here and there as the maids and waiters worked like robots. Nobody worked this hard in the palace. Then why all this racket.

She wiped the sweat that was dripping down her face. Taking a deep breath, she picked the plates she had washed and placed them on the cart she was sending to the dining room.

"Georgiette, send the plates to the warehouse instead of the dining room", Madam Batch ordered. "Yes Madam Batch", she answered timidly and she left.

She pushed the cart as fast as she could but was careful that none of the plates got broken. "I heard there was going to be a feast for his return", she heard one of her colleagues say as she passed by. "No wonder Madam Batch is overworking us today...", and the voices started to fade away as she got farther away from them.

She got to the warehouse and placed the plates carefully on the shelf and left immediately. Then she heard the hooves of horses clapping against the ground. "The prince has probably arrived", she thought out loud.

Then she heard the noise getting closer. Then it appeared right in front of her and rushed passed her. She continued her way back to the kitchen, where she formerly was.

Madam Batch had a satisfied look on her face as she saw the food neatly arranged on the dining table. She turned around and congratulated all those who helped her. Gorgiette, however had hidden in the of the bushes in the palace garden, reading a novel she had borrowed from the library.

Then she heard a noise. Her senses stood up. She turned to see where the strange noise was coming from. She pulled a little of the branches out of the way and peeped through the tiny whole it had made.

There he was. Playing with Doc, the royal dog. She gasped . His head snapped to her direction when he heard the noise. She closed the hole she had made and turned around,silently praying he was going to ignore it.

"Who are you?", his deep voice echoed in the silence. She kept still. "I know you're there. Show yourself", his footsteps were louder.

"Show yourself....lady?", he saw her sitting on the ground with her silky white legs reflecting the light rays from the moon.

She froze. She realised he had seen her. She got up and ran. She ran as fast as she could. "Hey, lady. Who are you", she refused to turn around. She tripped and her shoe slipped out of her leg.

She continued to ran. There was no time left for her to wear her shoe. She left it behind and continued running barefooted on one leg.

Prince William followed her. He wanted to know who was spying on him. Then he found her shoe not her.

Where did she go? He spotted her running down the staircase that led to the kitchen. He followed her silently.

"Why run away from me?", she froze.

"Lady, show your face", slowly Georgiette turned around to face the Prince. There, the prince was struck. The way the light from the moon elaborated on her face, making her pale face look blue but still beautiful.
Her green eyes dazzeled him. Her pink lips amazed him. He had never seen anyone as beautiful as her.

She bowed slowly. "Your highness..." she began but stopped for she didn't know what to say. "I am sorry for running. I just didn't-"

"It's okay, I understand. You just didn't expect me to be in the garden since I was supposed to be in the palace eating a sumptuous meal with my family.", he cut her off.

"Anyway, I was wondering...", he paused. "What were you doing behind the bush", he asked her. "Your highness I was just reading a novel I bought from the library and I normally read behind that bush", she answered.

From there they talked and chatted about everything. Then the clock struck midnight.

Dong! Dong! Dong!

"Oh my God", she exclaimed. "What's the matter?", the prince asked. "I've gotta go. I hope we meet again", she said and was about to ran off when he held her hand and pulled her close to him. He leaned closer until heir lips brushed. Then kissed her. She never expected it but recovered seconds later. She responded by kissing him back.

Dong! Dong! Dong!

The clock went again. She pulled away first. "Hope we meet again", she said with a tiny smile on her face then ran away. Then he remembered.

"Wait, I didn't get your name"
But she was long gone.

"Hope we meet again", he whispered to himself. Then headed back to the palace.

***
She was up before the cock crowed. Taking her place in the line, she brushed her apron with her hands making sure it looked very neat.

Madam Odette inspected the clothing the maidservants had on. Nothing like this ever happened in the palace. No. But it was rumored that the Prince has planned to inspect the the kitchen.

Madam Odette stopped right in front of Georgiette. "Georgiette, do you mind telling us where you were last night?", there were gasps everywhere. Nobody wants to get into trouble, especially when Madam Odette is concerned.

"You entered the quarters at twelve midnight", there were gasps again. "Tell me Georgiette", Madam Odette stepped closer to to Georgiette. "Where were you last night", Georgiette kept her mouth shut.

"Tell me", Madam Odette was close to her now. Georgiette still kept mute.

"TELL ME NOW!", Madam Odette raised her hand in an attempt to slap her.

"She was with me"

***
How'd you like the first chapter. Super. Okay then don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Love you all. :)