Chapter 31

"Why do you keep running away?!" I yelled . I was fustrated now. I've had enough. He's been hiding things and this needs to be fixed.

"Mya lets just drop this-" i didnt even let him finish his sentence because i've heard it before. I wasnt planning on letting it go now.

"No!! I am so tired of you turning this away , what are you scared of ? I'm not going anywhere!"

"I aint scared of nuthin" he said nonchalantly.

"Then tell me what the hell is going on!"

"Mya lets go home-"

"No! Tell me! Becau-"

"He took away my brother Mya!! Hell Mya i dont have a house! We got evicted and i'm out in the streets trying to get money to support my family. There you go !! Happy?"

You'd never guess what I did today...

***

Dennis was cracking himself up "Mya wants me to die" he continued laughing. I had to pout . I thought it was a good idea. It was just to sort of kid nap August. Small thing. I just want him to sit down and talk. He's not telling me everything and I feel that I have some right to find out.

"Mya August was weak at first for everything, his brother thought him everything he knows, I can't do that to my man , 2 reasons , he my best friend and he going kill me , try Reggie " 

"Nigguh....nah " everyone cracked up.

"Guys I need him to stay put so we can talk" I whined . They play too much. 

"Mya this ain't no white people show where you kid nap a guy and works out, it don't . Not to sound racist but their world is different from ours" 

"That kid napping thing won't work , he'll think is one of his rivals and start shooting up the place"

"I ain't tryna die , Jesus ain't ready to see me yet" Dennis said " I'm on Mya's side , he needs to stay put and talk , so find a way" becca grabbed my hand showing support.

" I don't have to do a damn thing" he started mumbling. "Women always feeling like they have authority over us , right Reggie ?" 

"Nah Bruh you on your own on this one"

"Damn softy" he mumbled . "Ion doing nothing just because you said so I'll do it if I want to" he was being stubborn . This was really not the time. 

"Reggie why don't you take Mya to her room" I heard Rebecca say. That was the last I heard of Denny .

****

Dennis POV

"Sup Aug"

"What's happenin man" I made the plan as simple as possible . Tell him there's a meeting tonight , make him show up and lock all doors. Easy peasy .

Mya got jokes about kidnap him. Looking like she tryna get rid of all of us as soon as possible.

News flash God ain't thru with me yet.

"Boss scheduled a meeting for us to come to tonight make sure you there for 10"

"Aight but what's it about ?" He scratched his head "I got things to do man "

"Ion know but we should be there just in case" he sighed. I know my bro stressed out. He got a lot on his plate.

"aight man"

"How's the job ?"

"It's alright man , I'm getting good pay but it's still not enough or coming in fast enough" I pat his shoulder.