Chapter 1

Light showered over dozens of people, who shared the last moments of spring together. No matter what race, gender or age, everyone was reunited with bright, colourful fireworks that dotted an otherwise empty night sky. For this rare occasion, Olivia was blessed to wear her new dress that fitted her perfectly. She begged of her mother, the moment her eyes laid upon the bright blue dress, frilled and covered in laces. It was expensive- dearly. Her mother at first, snickered when Olivia ogled at the dress, but the more she begged, the more convinced her mother became of her adoration towards this dress. Then, it was bought for her. She felt of the silky sides, as she patiently waited for an occasion of which this dress would be suiting- this, being one.

Olivia's mouth gawked at the beautiful sight in front of her. Bright lights of colour filled the sky, that glowed gently against her pale face, contouring her young features. She was young- 10 years, and today, was the first day she's ever wished upon the fireworks. She wished for immortality. One, she read of in books, and movies. Known, to be boring, she found great interest in it. It surely wasn't impossible, considering that people who lived eternally did exist- she was curious to see if she would be able to become an immortal as well. She chuckled to her wish, as she closed her eyes confirming her wish, unwilling to take it back. As she reopened her eyes, she saw her mother, bent over to see Olivia clearly in her eyes.

"What was your wish?" she inquired softly, her words barely a mumble as they slipped through her pink- however, dry lips. Her chin, unlike Olivia's, was broad for a woman, however, accents the rest of her large eyes, and narrow nose. Her auburn hair was let loose, to fight off the chill of the still lingering winter.
Olivia shook her head, "If I tell you, then the wish won't come true!" she said, firmly as if such myth was actually true. Her mother, once stunned, smiled warmly, as she returned her gaze towards the flashing colours. Sparks flew violently towards the crowd, as many ducked instinctively with a synchronized gasp. The hot sparks were barriered quickly by a flexible membrane created by one of the many volunteers in the area. The one controlling the area grimaced noticeably, his hands shaking to adhere to the strength and heat of the sparks. The membrane springing outwards, before flexing back into place, rippling across the entire sphere that enveloped the fireworks. Olivia's mother did not react to this, she still stood there, unmoving, deciphering of what she should say, formulating her words, clearly with care.
"I wish for your father to return to us, to then grant you and Serah a life you've wished-"

"Father? Him? To return? Should you be damned by the devil, only so, would you want the devil himself within the walls of your family!" cursed Olivia, agitated. She huffed a sigh, as she pushed her mother aside pacing eagerly towards nowhere, but somewhere far enough from her mother. Olivia found herself following a stone pathway, one that twisted into a forest dark and murky. The green of the forest was not present, and only consisted of a hollow black, coated in heavy musk, most likely from the pollution that Corus possessed.

Corus.

It was where Olivia was from, and was the land of constant ridicule. She was often taught in school that what they did was wrong- what the effects of Embial is to the environment, and of what would happen in the future if they were to continue to use Embial so carelessly. But, besides broken promises to make Corus pollution free, the government made no effort to make the air cleaner, and less of pollution. Olivia rarely seen a bird in the sky, or a pigeon or squirrels. They were all killed by an explosion that occurred in one of the largest Embial farms in Corus- killing many of their workers along with it.

That included Olivia's mother.
She remembered clearly of her pale green eyes, her colourless hair. She remembered her voice vividly. How, it spoke to her with such grace, how it caressed her ears so softly. Her death was the greatest loss for Olivia. She mourned to her mother, wish for her once more, wish for her mother's perfume to tickle her nose once more- she missed her too much. And though, Olivia missed her mother greatly, her father did not. Instead, he anticipated the explosion, the day of her mother's death. He had lost interest in Olivia's mother the day he realized that she given birth to Olivia- her mother was not appealing to her father, and he then, resented her for Olivia; the ugly baby. He re-married to her newest mother-and though, Olivia did not resent her mother entirely, she hated how someone could possibly fall in love with such a filthy man.

"......." Though silence drowned her in thought, Olivia realized a pair of eyes that stared blankly at her. The figure itself was strange, Hybrid between a horse and a man- however, metallic, glinting a gold hue from the moon's light. It was not eerie. Contrary, it grasped Olivia's attention. It was beautiful. Its hinds were plated with gold, and white armour, as its tail was cuffed by a golden band, a rose inscribed into the metal. Seemingly created from the metal it was plated with, chains occupied its underside, leading to a body that was again, coated in armour. Powdered with an occasional pink accents, it's figure shined dimly within what light illuminated the area. Before Olivia could approach it, it mystified into pink, and flew into a cobble building, caked in vines. The building was dark, illuminated by what little light came from the moon.
"Sister?" said a familiar voice- soft, sweet, weak, innocent. It was pleasant to Olivia's ears, it resonated vibrantly through her skull. She found her sister perched upon a large stone to the entrance of a chapel- unlike the ones she'd seen on Corus, however, similar, with far more protrusions than what she was familiar to. Besides that, she found that her little sister, Serah, gaze innocently at her. As if a flower in a field- soft, beautiful, he fraile- broken to the touch. Oliva approached this flower, gingerly placing a hand on her cheek, as she felt the weight of Serahs head upon her hand, as she relaxed her cheek into her palm.