The First Snow

I stare at the phone in my hands. Its been a long time. A year to be exact. A year and I still haven't deleted your number. I looked out the window and saw that it was snowing. I remember how much you love to play in the snow. Remember how we would throw snowballs and lay in the snow for hours? Remember the fun we had? Do you miss me? Because I surely miss you.

Suddenly the phone vibrated. I quickly opened the screen to check if it was you who texted me. To my disappointment it was just one of my friends asking me if I wanted to get dinner with the guys. It was pretty foolish of me to think that you'd text or call. I texted yes and got ready to leave. I met the guys at the bus stop. We decided on going to the café. How come that today everything I do seems to be connected with you. The bus stop was where I always waited for you. The café was your favorite place. When I ordered dinner the guys also ordered Hot Chocolate. The drink you always get even when its so hot out. I remember how I used to tease you, saying that you were an idiot. But right after I'd apologize and say I'm the idiot. Or that we're both idiots.

After dinner the guys planned to go to the mall. I didn't join saying that I was tired and wanted to go home. When actually I went to the park. I saw many couples there. Seeing them contended just being with their loved one made me jealous. Snow started to fall again, so did my tears.

I really hate myself for leaving you. If only I could go back to a year ago. Will we be different? If only I could say sorry. I wish I could say I love you again. I wiped the tears away. I then saw your favorite place. I walked over there and saw that the pond was frozen.

After a long time I decided to leave. I turned around. A few meters behind me I saw a figure standing there. I approached the figure. To my surprise it was you. But you didn't seem to notice me. "______!" I said. You turned to me and I saw your eyes widen. I wrapped my arms around you. How I missed doing that. "Baekhyun?" you breathed. I let go of you. Now I have the chance to make things right. To my surprise its you who speaks up first. "Merry Christmas." you smile.