Peace

One day a young girl and her mother went to the toy store. The young girl spotted a doll that she liked and told her mom,"Mommy, look! This is a really cute doll, let's buy it! It looks like she's saying peace!" The doll had a smiling face and was holding up two fingers which looked like the peace sign.

"Sure honey," the mother told her daughter. "I'll buy it for you."

"Yay!" The little girl giggled.

When the mother and her young daughter went to the cashier, the cashier eyed the two strangely and said,"Are you sure you want to buy this doll?"

The mother was confused. "Y-Yes, of course. Why?"

The cashier told her,"Remember to NEVER leave this doll in the basement at night, no matter what happens."

The mother looked at the cashier like he was weird. "Uh, okay?"

"Anyways, m'am, that'll be five dollars."

The mother payed him the money and grabbed her daughter's hand and they walked home.

When the two got home, it was about eight o'clock, so the mother decided to play a movie for her daughter. Their TV was in the basement which kind of reminded the mother of what the cashier told her.

She assumed it was just a joke so she sat on the couch with her daughter who was with the doll and watched the movie.

It was about 10:30 now, so the little girl's mother told her it was time for bed. When they both went upstairs to sleep, little did they know that they had forgotten the doll was still in the basement.

The little girl was 6 years old, so she did not need to be tucked in bed. "Night, mommy!" she said. The girl went in her bed and giggled because of how much fun she had had today.

Suddenly, there were sounds of footsteps coming from the basement. The person was walking really slowly, which confused the little girl as she woke up to the sounds. She got very startled by a voice.

"I'm gonna kill you in five more steps."

The girl was getting a bit creeped out, and she wondered if her mother was trying to trick her, since she did that sometimes to make her laugh.

Her thoughts were interrupted from the voice a second time.

"I'm gonna kill you in four more steps."

This time the girl really didn't know what to do. She assumed she was probably just dreaming, so she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep again.

After a few minutes of sleeping, the girl got woken up by the voice she had heard earlier. It seemed like the person was getting closer and closer to her.

"I'm gonna kill you in one more step."

"Oh no," she whispered, terrified of finding out what was going to happen next.

And there was the doll the mother had bought her daughter earlier in the day, standing at her door with a knife and a bloody smile.

"I'm gonna kill you..." the doll said, it's eyes flashing red.

The little girl was panicking so much that she didn't know what to do. She couldn't find anything to hit the doll with, and she was too scared to run away.

Before she could scream, the doll looked at her and said,"Peace."

The doll took her knife and stabbed the girl, and that was the end of her.

************************************

The next day...

The mother had been very devastated about her daughter's death and nobody had known what caused it. There was no proof anywhere. The knife was gone too.

So the mother went to the toy store again to return the doll, and when she did, something on the doll shelves caught her eye.

It was a doll, almost like the one she had bought, except this one held up three fingers.

************THE END************