Shredded into Pieces

Warning: Mentioned child abuse, soft mention of rape, forced relationship (adding this just to make sure)

Word count: 1,500 words

For me, one day's routine was the same as everyday's routine, nothing stuck out and nothing was out of order. That was until I met my future mate. He changed everything about me. What I thought was normal, how my routine went, and mainly how I can trust people.

A loud crash echoed throughout the tiny cabin that I shared with my brother and my father. The noise seemed to have came from the kitchen, where I was supposed to be according to my routine. I was supposed to be cleaning the dishes and cooking supper, but I had to help Russell with gardening. Of course, my father would be greatly angry at me, which is what I feared.
But this hatred was normal in this house. My father had always hated me, my brother and I knew this and grew accustom to it.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

My father shouted, making my grip on Russell's baby blue hoodie tighten in fear. My brother would try to comfort me in any way possible, whether that be hiding me in his hoodie or wrapping his lengthy arms around me and put himself in between my father and I.
However, I would still receive punishment no matter how hard Russell tries. Sometimes my father would make it worse with each passing day, even going as far as taking advantage of me later on in my youth. That is what I deeply feared.
I could deal with the punishments, but anything worse than that I couldn't take. It was far too traumatizing. My father walked into the room I and Russell were in and he let out a threatening growl.

"Russell, step away from your sister."
"No, sir."
"I said, step away from your sister."
"I said no, sir."
"Step. The. Fuck. Away."

Eventually, Russell would share a synthetic smile with me and carefully kiss my forehead. He always did that to show me a form of affection that he knew I wouldn't get for a while until after my punishment.
I practically begged him to stay with me, to protect me, but then I would remind myself that he would get hurt instead of me so I eventually stopped saying anything in protest.

"Why weren't you in the kitchen this time, brat?"
"I was helping Russell in the garden because he asked for assistance, sir."
"That doesn't answer my fucking question."

I honestly didn't know how to respond, I didn't even try since I knew I would get hit no matter what. I only pressed my knees against my chest and hoped for a less harsher punishment than I usually got for missing from my routine.
My father grumbles in a frustrated manner and started to unbuckle his belt, telling my brother to go back to his station just so he wouldn't see what would happen to me and try to protest against my father.
Once he was done with me, he told me to get back to my station in the kitchen and start making dinner. When my father left the room and closed the door to his office once he was in there, I choked up a sob and stumbled to regain any sense of balance I still had after the punishment I received.
I already had red marks on my thighs that would surely leave the black and blue impressions of bruises, which I would later have to deal with during my routine. I checked myself for a few moments and let out a sigh of relief when there weren't any signs of permanent damage, so I stumbled over to the kitchen and went on making supper for the day.
I understood by now that Russell would definitely ponder about the marks and I would have to make up an excuse about it that he wouldn't even believe for a second but would be forced to shut up about it. He barely had any idea what our father did to me for punishments, possibly thinking that he just forced me to do some extra chores. Oh how I wished it was like that.
The alarm goes off the next morning and I tiredly shut it off, stretching a little and leaving my warm bed to get dressed for school. I was in middle school at the young age of 10, in the 7th grade.
I had a romantic partnership in middle school that completely changed my life and started a far worse kind of punishment upon me when I mentioned a certain event around my father. Naomi was a fan of my father's work, focusing on the rare resources that our world consisted of. My father even encouraged me to be in a relationship with her, even if I was a female myself and I wasn't into other girls at the time. Of course, I was only 10 so I wasn't even sure what I identified as or what my sexual orientation was.
Under my father's words, I could get into a relationship as long as it was with Naomi. I only agreed to it so I could have a little break from my father, not because I loved her or craved a relationship.
The only thing I could crave was to be by myself or to be near my brother, no one else. Russell protected me when things got bad, no matter the aftermath. I admired him because of that.
Skipping back, I forage through my closet for the most masculine attire I could find, picking out a midnight black hoodie with cream drawstrings and sweatpants that contained the hue of azure. Sighing in relief that my father hadn't found these clothing items yet as he would either burn them or give them to Russell by mistake, I throw on my attire and grab my Aztec black and white backpack that was full of school supplies. I wait for my brother to get ready so he could drive me to school, since he just got out of high school and he owned his own car.
I read the familiar tired expression of my brother and I sigh in relief, grabbing his hand in the process and rushing out the front door. Fortunately, Russell was dressed when I grabbed him and he was feeling rather light hearted today, so he allowed me in the front seat. I, with the imagination and understandability of a 6 year old at times, stared out the window the whole hour drive to school without saying a word to my brother.
He most likely found it amusing that his usually mature, shy sister was amazed by the way the car worked. As we pulled up to the middle school, I rushed a small peck on the cheek and grabbed my bag before opening the car door and bolting inside the school. Russell probably had to somehow close the door as I most likely left it open when I bolted.
As I entered the school, I come to the all too familiar expirence of being the shortest child there but that was faulted by my age and genetics I inherited by my mother. Noticing the figure of my partner, I happily run up to Naomi and lock our hands together. She was used to this by now, so she only grinned at me and started to walk to the class we shared together.
That subject was math, something I excelled at in this grade and my partner was immensely terrible at. Most of the time I had to do all of her homework for her, regardless if I myself had chores and homework to do, while she did cheer leading, which was the only thing in school she really enjoyed.
Our teacher, Miss Luna, walked into the room with her usual cheery smile and attitude that I really admired and called for attendance. With that over with, the class begin and I caught Naomi staring at me. We remained caught in our netted stares until Naomi quickly looked away, which didn't mean anything to me at the time, so I stared out the window at a small blue jay that just sat there and stared back at me.
Sadly, I was interrupted by my classmate, whom was sitting next to me, slamming a textbook on his table and basically making me skittish about everything at that moment. Apparently, I attracted the attention from the remaining students in the classroom when I let a unintentional sob escape my throat.
Unfortunately my teacher had to remove me from the classroom so I could try to calm myself down, which I was unsuccessful since I started to have a short break down of full sobs.
Once I was done with my break down, I notified the teacher that I was going to the nurse for a while, which she allowed me, so I basically ran to the nurse's office.