Easter Tradition (on hold)

BEFORE.

“Grandpa, what are you doing?” the curious little boy with blond hair asked.

“bringing happiness from the easter bunny.” The grandfather replied, his wrinkled face forming a smile, he must be no younger than 60 yet no older than 70.

“easter bunny doesn’t exist!” The child frowned, clearly confused.

“if you believe in something, it will eventually come true, Calvin.” He winked at his grandson.

“i believe you will be there when i become famous!” Calvin laughed, his cheeks turning crimson even though it is cold in the early morning, the sun yet to rise.

“i will, son, i will” 

The two frail bodies walked along the foot path, painting easter bunny foot prints to each house at 3am to bring happiness and joy to each child in the neighbor hood. While the old man painted the foot prints, the chubby blond boy leaves a couple of easter chocolate at each door step, giggling every time he places the chocolate down as he knows how happy kids will be.

As the sun started to rise, the Grandfather and grandson finished off the last two houses. 

“Calvin!” The grandfather calls out to his grandson.

“Yes grandpa?” Calvin chubby body comes running to his grandfather.

“do you want to go up to that hill and watch the sun rise?” His grandfather pinched Calvin chubby warm cheeks.

“Oh yes! Yes Yes!” Calvin cheered, pulling his grandfather by the arm to the direction of the hill.

As the two sat on top of the hill together, they watched the sun rise and slowly, kids running out of the house at 8am in the morning, happily cheering and taking the easter eggs at their front door steps. Fathers and Mothers slowly emerge from the house, greeting their neighbors while their children follow the easter bunny foot prints or play hop scotch using the bunny foot prints.

“I wish every day is like easter!” Calvin yawned, stretching his arms.

“we can make every day like easter if you want to, make memories and cherish every moment kiddo” the grandfather chuckled.

Calvin squealed in joy, jumping up and down while hugging his grandfather.

“I love easter!” Calvin shouted as loud as his little voice can.

“I love it too” His grandfather shouted as loud as his old voice can manage.

Calvin laughed causing his grandfather to chuckle.

“let’s go home, kiddo” the grandfather pinched the little boy cheeks, taking his small delicate hand and leading them home.

“will grandma make us waffles for making the kids happy?” Calvin asked his grandfather as they walked along the foot path.

“she sure will” was his reply.