Alone

"Mum?" I questioned walking into her house.

"Oh, Natalie." I heard and my mum was about in tears and looking at me sincerely.

"Hi mum. I'm home." I felt the tears pricking my eyes as she came and hugged me.

"I've missed you like crazy." She said as we pulled away.

She just stared at me with those happy eyes full of tears and a smile across her face. My mum, Louise Teasdale, that I haven't seen in about 10 years because I've been living with my dad in America and going to college. My name? Natalie Carter and I'm 20 years of age. I moved back with my mum because it's been too long.

"Oh um I'll take your things to your room then I want you to meet Lux." She smiled and I helped her upstairs to my room.

"Wow this is great." I smiled while looking around then at the amazing view of the city. "Much better than a college dorm."

"Yeah I bet." She smiled. "Well I'll let you get settled in and then come down when you're done."

I nodded then she left. I unpacked my things and put them in the walk in closet. I'm not really moving here, just here until I find an apartment of my own. It took me a bit to unpack then I went downstairs and found the living room where my mum, her husband, who must be Lux, and a blonde guy.

"Oh hey sweetie." My mum greeted and everyone smiled at me. "Come sit."

"Ello Natalie." Tom smiled at me.

"Hi." I replied sitting beside my mum.

"Natalie this is Lux, your sister." She smiled as she sat on mum's lap, I smiled back.

"Hi Lux." She had a huge grin. "You're so cute."

"She takes after her mum and sister." The blonde one said.

"This is Niall Horan. I'm sure you've heard of the band One Direction?" My mum questioned an I nodded.

"Heard of them. My roomy from College likes you guys." I said nonchalantly.

"Niall is one of five. He's here so I can do his hair." She said and I nodded again. "Shall we get it done?"

"Yeah." Niall stood up as they left the room.

It was quite awkward with Tom an Lux. I got up and headed in the direction that the two went. I noticed the pitter patter of little feet, Lux was following me.

"Hi Lux." I smiled at her then she ran past me and to the sound of mum's voice. "Mum?"

"In here sweetheart." I went into a room in which had all her hairdressing/makeup things in it.

"Mum do you mind if I go walk around the city?" I asked and she somewhat lost her smile.

"After you just got here?" She asked.

"Yeah I won't be long." I gave her a small smile.

"Oh well sure but take your phone in case." She went back to doing Niall's hair.

I went toward the door and when I opened it, some guy with brown curly hair slicked back was walking up the steps. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hello love. Is Lou here?" He asked.

"Yeah she's in her hairdressing room." I said then went down the steps.

I looked back toward the door and he looked back at me also with a small smile. I wonder if he's one of the other guys in the band. Things were going to be quite awkward with that family for a while. I mean it's been four years and I never really met Lux or Tom.