Fate

It has been two years since Akechi nearly met his doom at the hands of a cognition formed by his evil biological father. Luckily, he killed it and he suffered a wound not fatal. Because he did not kill the Phantom Thieves and faced his demons, Igor offered him a way out and he took it. He was not seen for a this amount of time. Due to the events that happened and based on the story told, he was absolved all of the crimes and given a second chance. He returned to Tokyo a year later and he was a shadow of his former self. Though he does work for the police department, he hasn't been out in the field solving cases, he is comfortable just being in the evidence locker for now. He was alone, no one would bother him, he didn't have the nerve to face the public again just yet. It took enough just to be behind the badge after all he did. The job pays decent enough, though he just rents a capsule motel to sleep at night. All he owned, he kept in a large backpack he always carried on his back. Funny enough, when he returned, he did manage to get ahold of the one person who would speak to him, Akira Kurusu. He managed to apologize for all he did over text, eventually reaching everyone Akira had the number to still. Slowly, they forgave him, but he would have to build trust with them again. Something everyone agreed on since it was summer, everyone would hang out the next week once break started. Though the lives were more apart due to college, work, and for some dating, they hung out at least every holiday and break still. It happened to be a Sunday and you were off from college beginning summer break when you happened to go want to go shopping and you were at the train station going to Shibuya when you spotted him. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw he noticed you, and you quickly turned on your heels to walk away, that it until you felt a strong hand on your shoulder and turned you around.

"What do you want Akechi?" You asked, darkly and angrily.

"I want to talk to you (y/n.)"

"No, why should I talk to a traitor?"

"Aww, that's a shame you're not willing to hear me out, but, I have something I need to tell you."

"What, bitch!?" You yelled, catching some attention and making him cringe.

"You don't have to be so mean, (y/n.)" He said casting his eyes down about to cry. You felt bad and then you decide to go easy on him as he turned to walk away before you grabbed his forearm. He turned back to you.

"Goro-kun, what is it?" You said in a softer voice, looking into his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was so caught up in proving myself, and being beloved that I didn't consider the reasons you all did what you did to begin with. I also betrayed you. I had a lot of time to think, and, I know one thing and that is I love you, and I never faked that."

"I did feel betrayed by you, but I guess I can accept your apology."

"I'm so glad, how can I make this up to you?"

"Well, since I was going to go shopping, you can carry my bags." You smiled at him.

"Anything for you...my (y/n), it seems fate brought us here today." You blushed as he said that to you as you rode the train to Shibuya. You spent hours there shopping, and even went to Harajuku as well. You even went to eat sushi together. He paid for it all. You, in turn for his apology, even bought him a few things you thought fit him well. Funny thing is you barely dated, as your duties were opposing, but the feelings were mutually strong until the betrayal. Now it seemed it was getting back on track. It was getting late, and he decided to see you home, you lived in an apartment, your part time job worked out with paying the bill at your apartment and they worked around your schedule. It had grown dark, and you insisted he stay.

"I don't want to impose..."

"No. No, come in. You don't need to stay in a cramped hotel." 

"If you insist (y/n)."