Chapter 1

I was hungry.

I was freezing.

I was terrified.

I am Saharah.

Saharah wished she had never been hatched out of her egg. It was warm and she never got hungry beneath that shell. As soon as that protective barrier became too small for her, it cracked, and when she popped out, Saharah got a face full of ice cold snow. It was dark where she was except for howling white in front of her. Saharah called out, to the spinning white storm, for her mother. No response. Suddenly Saharah's instincts started to kick in. They urged her to do something that didn't seem right, but somehow she knew exactly how to do it. Saharah tried as hard as she could to find sticks and twigs in the dark. Then, finally, after running into the cave walls over and over again, she had found just enough spindly sticks. Saharah gritted her teeth and desperately fought against the cold biting wind that had started to blow harder, and brought up a spark from somewhere inside her frozen body and sent it to the pathetic pile of twigs. Soon the tiny flame had warmed up her head and scales just enough for Saharah to survive the depths of the Ice Kingdom.

(three Years Later)

Saharah swung through the branches of the trees until finally, she heard Mangrove say it was time for sun time. She hated sun time. After Mangrove had tried to go to the Ice Kingdom to save his beloved orchid, he found Saharah. She was huddled in the very back of a cave with a tiny flickering fire in front of her. He gave Saharah his cape of sloth and monkey hair to keep her warm and promised her that he would be back as soon as possible. As soon as possible, was not very soon at all. Apparently Queen Glory kept him from making any stops on the way back to the rainforest. So after he had saved Orchid from the dreaded Secret Nightwing Village, and by that time Saharah had somehow grown used to the nipping cold, and taught herself how to catch arctic mice and other small rodents. She also saw beautiful, glimmering, shiny, Icewings. But after watching them for a little while she realized she didn't want to meet any of them. After Mangrove came and got her, Orchid named Saharah, and they took her back to the rainforest and hid the little dragonet in her own little cottage. The patio, living area, and two bedrooms were open roofed. Saharah liked the house but despised the sticky heat that filled the air. She loved the heat of the desert but what she really wanted was to go back to the Ice Kingdom. But of course Mangrove said no. After three years of living with them, she knew exactly how much Mangrove and Orchid both slept during sun time. So during that time, she would go through the secret tunnel and fly to the Ice Kingdom. Mangrove didn't find out for a very, very, long time.

* * *

(four years later)

The day Mangrove found out where Saharah had been going for the past four years, was the worst day of her life. She had just turned seven. She also met someone in the Ice Kingdom. He had dark blue wings, white scales, silver eyes, and best of all, he had a gold teardrop shaped scale by both of his eyes. His name was, Glade, and unfortunately for me, he was an Icewing. He had found me hiding behind a snowdrift from the Queen's Patrol. He landed in front of me and immediately my heart flew. He was sooo hot! But the thing I noticed most about him was the way that he wasn't anything like the other Icewings. H was very kind and shy. But He talked to me. "What is a Sandwing doing in Icewing territory?" he said trying to sound important. "And how in all of Pyrrhia have you survived this close to the heart of the Ice Kingdom?"

"I... um..." Saharah stuttered. "I don't really know. I just love the cold."

"Weird." He stated. But quickly added, "But not in any offensive way.

"I'm not offended. It really is weird." I said.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." it was Mangrove. I jumped at least two inches off the ground. "Dad! What are you doing here?" I said innocently. "What did you say? Dad?" Glade asked. His voice sounded hopeful. "Are you a mixwing?"

"No, no, no. I'm adopted." Saharah responded. Then she realized that Mangrove was shivering. Hard. "Dad, you have to get home before you literally freeze to death." she said worriedly. "Good idea." Mangrove said shakily, "but you're coming with me." Saharah had no time to answer before he pulled out his blow gun from a pouch slung around his shoulder and shot a sleeping dart into Glade's neck. Before Saharah could react, she heard a small, zzzt...and then everything went black.

* * *

Saharah blinked several times in the brightness. She was home. Her neck hurt really bad. "I'll never get over how sore those blow darts make my neck." she mumbled to myself.

Glade.

Saharah's head snapped up.She winced in pain. Orchid was in the kitchen. "Hey mom." Saharah said casually, "Random question, where is that Icewing that Mangrove found me with?"

"He's ......... 

CLIFFHANGER!!!! I'll write more but that's all today. Have a great day my scorpions!