1~

every day, i wake up. i eat some breakfast, pick out an outfit for the day, then off i go to start yet another day of the same thing i've been doing for weeks. i hop in my little mint-green fiat and drive off to work.
  ever since i moved here to seoul a few weeks ago, i somehow scored a job at this cute little coffee shop. (ayye bap pun) i don't usually work long friday shifts, but today i have to close for my friend, who finally asked out this boy. she's been head over heels for him ever since i met her when i moved here.
  i park in my normal spot behind the shop just as my phone rings, playing sf9's "roar". instead of actually answering the phone, i catch myself singing with my ringtone, saying "hey, boomy boomy like that". finally, i answer the call.

"hey, (y/n)! don't forget, you have the closing shift for me tonight!"

i laugh as i hear my friend grace's voice on the end of the line.

"good morning, grace. you've reminded me multiple times already, i won't forget! i'm just worried i'll get too tired towards the end of the night."

"don't be silly. the shift ends at midnight, and you work at a coffee shop for fucks sake, drink some coffee!"

  i wish her luck on her date tonight, and we say our goodbyes. i step out of my car and into the shop, for i'll be here all day. all day, waiting on rude customers who leave enough tips for me to maybe buy a snickers bar later.
  i slip my apron on, and sit behind the cash register, waiting for someone to order. i catch myself dazing away as i watch people sip their coffees, and eat their pasteries. i snap out of my daze when i hear the bell on the front door ring. i didn't think anything of it at first, just another customer, wanting to order a coffee. i thought nothing, until i saw who walked through the door. i didn't think this person would be the one to change my life forever.