'Til Dawn Breaks (A Hunger Games Fanfic)

"RUN!!!" I scream madly at Sylvia. It took her a while to go back into her senses and see what's happening. Then she quickly bolted away, her pale, dirty black hair flying in the wind. 

"Faster" I hiss at her "Its gaining on us!" Sylvia suddenly stopped, her dark gray eyes staring at me with confusion "What is it?" she asks

But I didn't stop, I kept running and just slowed down a little. "Don't look!" I hissed and grabbed her arm and ran away for our dear lives. Then I felt Sylvia's hand slipping away.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked her angrily. "Are you trying to kill yourself?" Sylvia looked at me strangely and replied "I just wanted to see how far we are from it, it won't hurt just to look back you know"

I rolled my eyes at her and turned my back then started running, I won't stop running until we're at a safe distance. Then I heard a shriek, "Sylvia!!!" I screamed. I turned around and saw her staggering away from the wall of fire that's just a few inches from her. 

"Skyler!" she called me "G-g-go!" But I didn't...I won't leave Sylvia alone. I love her, not the fake love kind, but I really love her and I'm determined to do all I can to save her, even if it will cost my own life.

So instead of running away, I ran towards her. "NO!" she screamed at me "I can do it! Go save yourself" But I ignored her, finally I got to her, panting, and scooped her up and sped away. 

I didn't stop running until we reached a small river. I dumped her in it and she screamed angrily, then I, myself, jumped in. I looked from the surface of the water and saw the fire passing, leaving trails of steam and smoke in its wake. 

After it was gone from sight, I surfaced and looked around. The fire was gone. So I pulled Sylvia out of the water and made her sit down by a rock. "Are you okay?" I asked her worriedly "Y-y-yes" she managed. 

Then I suddenly froze, *BOOM!* *BOOM!* *BOOM!* Three cannons fired. I wonder who died. But I was shaken back into reality when I heard Sylvia yelp. "Sylvia!" I called her. "Are you okay?" Sylvia turned to me, I can see pain reflecting in her eyes 'Yes" she said stiffly. "I heard you scream" I told her 'What happened?" 

"Nothing!" she said almost too quickly. "I know something happened. You screamed back there!" I told her angrily "Now tell me, what happened?!" "I already told you, nothing! The fire was just too h- OUCH!" Sylvia yelped. She hugged her knees and fell to the ground. 

Then I saw it, I gasped at the sight of the huge burn in her back. I frantically took my backpack and rummaged through it to find any cloth to serve as I bandage. Nothing. So with a sigh I looked for my cotton sweater I used for cold nights, I ripped a huge piece of it and started treating Sylvia's huge wound in the back. 

"Uggghhh!" she moaned in pain. After bandaging her wound, I made her sit and also made her drink water. "Are you okay now?" I asked her worriedly. "Yes" she smiled at me. Her warm smile makes me tingle a little, I finally saw her smile for the first time in the arena!

Suddenly, I shivered. It was already evening. "Are you hungry?" I turned to Sylvia "Not quite" she replied. But I still hunted for food. 

Since we're close to the river, I took my spear and started spearing down some fishes in the river. After catching around a dozen fishes, I smelled fire. I quickly turned around and saw Sylvia starting up a fire.

"For cooking" she grinned at me "And warmth too" I know its dangerous to light I fire in the middle of the woods but I didn't say a word. After catching another fish I sat by the fire with her as we cleaned the fishes I caught.

Cleaning the fish didn't take long since we helped each other, after we cleaned them all we fried them in the warm, burning fire. "Mmmmm" Sylvia said happily "Fried fish" I can smell the delicious odour of the fishes being fried in the fire and it made my mouth water. I guess its been long since I ate fried fish.