Touch (BENxJeff)

(Hi, everyone! How are all of you lovelies? CX If you can't tell already, it's member Cynder from DeviantART! I have a Wattpad too! :D I'm planning on posting everything I have there and on quotev here, as well, just to make sure I'm able to reach all of the yaoi lovers CX

Well, without further ado, here's Touch!)

If you love someone, let them go. If they return, it was meant to be. If not, then their love was never yours to begin with. -Author Unknown

It had been years since Jeff had last seen BEN, since he walked out of his life; out of his heart. But, as fate would play out in this day, here he was, two years later and still as handsome as the day he had walked away. His heart melted in hurt as those red eyes scanned the quiet premise of the coffee shop, as if looking for something or someone. The pain was still there, just as powerful as it was the first day without him. It continued, even to this day, to sear his heart, like the flames from the fire had done to his face.

He looked down, staring into the coffee, watching his reflection stare back at him with the same expression he wore. Should he talk to him? Call him over and ask why he had left him two years ago?

He hated this. He was confused, and if there was nothing more he hated than irritation it was confusion. Normally because confusion led to irritation. He gripped the coffee mug handle in his fingers tightly, blocking out the laughter and clanking of mugs around him, willing his entire focus to go to the newspaper that layed on the table in front of him. He couldn't think, however; couldn't breathe. He had only felt like this on that night two years ago.

"Jeff? Jeff Woods?"

The voice was soft and unsure, and Jeff looked up to meet the rich crimson irises he had once knew so well. He looked exactly the same as Jeff remembered him- an exotic, startling beauty- save for the fact his ivory hair was longer, giving him a much more mature appearance. Despite cursing every higher celestial being he knew of for not giving him more time to think, Jeff smiled politely.

"BEN. Long time no see." He stated simply. The Hylian-lookalike didn't hide his surprise.

Using the look that he gave the other, Jeff tried to relay the fact that he was completely, utterly fine without the elvish boy.

This was a lie, of course. Even after all this time, Jeff still woke up in the middle of the night, alone, staring at the spot where BEN would lay, whispering his name brokenly before falling back into a fitful, dreamless slumber. But he could still try to lie.

"It's been a while." Even as these words flowed ever so smoothly from his burnt-red lips, Jeff's heart was beating fast and hard against his ribcage. BEN gave a small smile back, tucking some of that fine white hair behind a pointed ear. Jeff fingers tingled to run themselves through that hair as he had so many times before, but he restrained himself.

"Yeah... it has." He smiled a little wider, red eyes practically glowing brighter than the morning sun. Those were the same eyes that those black tears had fell from that night. Jeff shifted a bit in his chair, feeling awkward as BEN stood next to him. After a few more moments of silence, Jeff stood up, gulping down the remains of his coffee. The liquid burned his throat, but he welcomed the pain.

"I have to get going, see ya..." Even if he never saw him again after this, he would be fine. Seeing him only reminded him of everything he had lost. It was time to leave and to hope he would never have to see his smiling face ever again. As Jeff started walking past him, smelling the sterile scent that only belonged to him alone, he felt his chest tighten and tried to walk faster, only now BEN's hand was holding onto his wrist. He turned to look at the cyber deity, his unblinking eyes no doubt boring into the other's.