A Nightmare or a Dream?

The young, black-haired boy, called Sebastian, sits in a field of flowers. Violets. A boy, clad in only a white dress shirt and black shorts stopping just underneath his knees, silently crawls up to the boy from behind and whispers in his ear in a beautiful English accent, "Do you like violets?"

The boy jumps, his heart racing, "Y- yes... Who are you?"

"I can't tell you. Who are you?"

"S- Sebastian Michaelis... Why can't you tell me?"

The strange boy shifts on the balls of his feet and his hands. His bright golden eyes go dull and disappear behind ebony locks, "K- k- k- k- k- k- . . ."

"A-are you alr- right?"

The boy whispers incoherently. Everything goes dark. The boy looks as if he has been childishly playing in dirt.

                                                                                   ~ ~ ~

DRIP.

SMACK.

Sweet liquid drips down on Sebastian's forehead, causing him to stir. Beautiful, red orbs opened to see what looked like the lone shadow of a taller boy standing next to him.

He jumps, suppressing a scream as to aid his curiosity -- as to keep the figure from running away. He reaches over and lights a candle. He looks back to see that The figure was scurrying to his dark closet.

The figure had bright golden eyes, much like the eyes the boy in Sebastian's dream had.

"Come on out. There's no need to be afraid."

The sweet boy's voice made the figure groan. It shifted on its hands and the balls of its feet, just like the boy in the dream did -- just before everything went dark.

"Please come out. I won't hurt you. I won't call anyone to hurt you. I just want to know who you are."

The creature hissed. the noise filling the air in the room. It steps into the dimmer part of the candlelight.

Sebastian studies it. It was, indeed, the boy from his dream; except he looked grayer and rougher in reality.