The Precious Time

Here it is! I finally have part 2 out for you guys! I hope you enjoy! This story I thought i'd mix it up a bit and it'll be entirely Maka's POV ;)

His breathing steadied and it deepened into a peaceful rythym. I knew he finally fell asleep. I tried to picture the children he dreamed of and soon fell into my own daze. It was a quiet and sweet moment. I said before falling asleep, "Our family will be perfect. Because they'll always have a caring and loving father."

Two Months Later...

"Oh, thank you!" I said gleefully. I opened a small box with a beautiful yellow/gold color. I pulled out a onesie with a giraffe on it. Patty clapped her hands together.

"Yee! Don't you love it! It has a giraffe!" She shouted excitedly. I smiled and nodded.

"I love it, thank you Patty." Liz walked up to me and handed me my next present, which is a lot bigger than the other one. I smiled to her as a thank you and glanced up at the banner that said 'Happy Baby Shower'. I was still dazzled by what had become of my life. I'm six months pregnant now. I haven't been to school for two months and i've missed it so much. The thought brought a flush of sadness and I pushed it away, focusing on my amazing and thoughtful baby shower. I opened the gift Liz had just brought to me. I slowly pulled out an amazing set of baby bibs, pacifiers, diapers, and a fluffy reddish orange blanket. I smiled widely and looked up at Liz. "Thank you, this is awesome." I said.

"Of course. I guess we don't know the gender yet, but I thought instead of buying a ton of girly or boyish stuff, that you'd need some baby stuff in general. I hope it helps." She explained. I nodded.

"It helps a lot. Thank you." I said to her. We haven't told anyone, but being a student with no real job and only getting money for the DWMA dorm and food expenses, meant we were pretty broke. Crona, although he hasn't healed completely yet, has been taking extra and easy jobs that reward him with money instead of souls. Somehow, it's getting us by with buying all of our new baby stuff, but it's not helping that Crona's apartment was never meant for an extra guest.

"Well, looks like just one more present and then we can play some games." Marie said. Marie carefully leaned over the couch where she was sitting to pick up the present she brought for me. She handed it to me and I gave her a warm smile. I tore the wrapping and opened the package to find a receipt... I pulled it out and realized that all of the prices were scratched out. Baby's Comfort Stroller, Baby's High Chair, Baby's Rocket Bouncer, and Baby's Calming Music Box were listed on the paper.

"D-did you really get all this stuff?" I asked Marie. With a big smile she nodded her head. I jumped out of my seat and gave her a huge hug, or what you could call a hug with both of our round bellies. With what Marie had gotten us, Crona and I wouldn't have to worry about a lot of the baby's necessities. I could go do so much with the money saved. Though I shouldn't really be worrying about the money and be more grateful that she gave me so many... expensive gifts in the first place!

"And don't worry about anything. I ordered double of everything I needed for Tyler. Yours are all neutral colored though, not blue and green and brown and stuff." She giggled. I gave her another small hug and a bright smile before sitting back down in my chair. "You missed a gift." Marie said. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and looked back in the box. There was thin colored paper to cover the rest of the present which I removed to find the next item. I pulled out a stitched doll. It was more on the girly side, but i'm sure if I had a little boy he'd love it the same. It was a doll with blonde yarn for hair and green buttons for eyes, the clothes were a pink dress and black dress shoes. It was adorable and I knew exactly who made it from the distinct stitch marks across every limb and the doll's face.