Prologue

Hey! You!

The one reading this right now!

Listen, and listen carefully... Or in this case, scan these words with your eyes very focused-like. I want to see those forehead creases and your eyes squinting! Figuratively speaking, of course, I can't actually see you but I am putting trust in the thought that you are paying attention. This isn't the only time we'll get to talk like this but I'm afraid it'll be awhile before I am able to contact you again and by "we," I mean me because the only way you could possibly respond is by turning the page, but NOT YET!

First of all, it is very nice to meet you. I'm Olivia Reid, and in this story you will notice that people would rather rename me and call me "Olive." But you'll figure that out later. I just wanted to introduce myself. You see, I used to love reading books, much like you're doing now. I loved that pristine shine on the hard cover, the "new book" smell, the feeling of the crisp pages against my fingertips and the words that held the power to capture my heart and hold my very soul in a trance... That's actually why I'm here... This page was not written by the author, this page's sole purpose was for me to warn you. I am trapped in between these pages. My soul is being forced to dance beneath the ink, in a world shrouded by darkness through endless, sleepless nights with and by a man I can't tell you about until you meet him yourself... For now, this story is about me... and the horrible mistakes I've made.

The story will begin like any other but you will notice more pages like this where I am able to communicate with you. My goal is to help you understand.

Please understand. This is not a love story.