10 facts about little mix

1. Little Mix are made up of Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall. Jesy is the oldest member of the group at 21 years whilst the other girls are all 19. Perrie is the youngest member of the band, born in 1993.

2. Each member of the group entered The X Factor as a solo artist before being eliminated at the Boot Camp stage of the competition. However they were brought back along with other rejected contestants to form groups. Jesy and Perrie were put in a group who named themselves Faux Pas and Jade and Leigh-Anne made up two-thirds of Orion. When both of these bands were eliminated, the judges brought Little Mix together for one final chance in the competition.

3. Little Mix went into the X Factor live shows as clear favorites to be the first act eliminated. They became the most successful girl group in the history of the show when they progressed past the seventh live show and the first group to win the show, beating JLS and G4's runner-up record.

4. The group underwent a name change during the X Factor live shows, having to lose their original name Rhythmix. The name change was as a result of a dispute with a Brighton-based music charity for children, as it was already using the name.

5. In addition to their music, the girls have already released an autobiography called Ready to Fly and are the faces of the recent M&M's Diamond Jubilee campaign. It has also been rumored that the group will release their own range of dolls, puzzles and accessories in a deal with Vivid and Bravado.

6. Jesy and Jade are both dating members of Britain's Got Talent dance troupe Diversity. Jesy is dating Jordan Banjo and Jade is dating Sam Craske. Perrie is in the most high-profile relationship in the band as she is currently dating One Direction's Zayn Malik.

7. Jade auditioned for The X Factor twice before winning with Little Mix. She reached Boot Camp in series 5 and 7 but was eliminated before reaching the next stage.

8. Each member of Little Mix is represented by her own symbol in the group's logo. Jesy is represented by a boombox, Jade by a bow tie, Perrie by a flower and Leigh-Anne by a baseball cap.

9. Little Mix beat Marcus Collins in the final of The X Factor with 48.3% of the vote. They first topped the voting in week 7 of the live shows.

10. The group have described their upcoming album as "old-school pop, R&B with modern beats in it". They also described it as "a lot of different sounds". They have all expressed a desire to collaborate with former mentor Tulisa on the record.