Chapter 1: Only Fools Fall For You

A four letter word. So little but means so much...

Love.

A word that can make your heart swell up inside of you. A word that gives you that tingling sensation in your stomach. A word that can shatter you to pieces...

People sacrifice things for love, to be love, to feel love.

Sometimes, people will sacrifice everything for love. One of those people...includes me.

I fell hard, too hard, for love. That innocent four letter word.

Love.

Every sacrifice comes with a consequence, and my consequence for love was...

Hurt.

I don't know why I thought I could stay in love forever, it was so stupid to think that....

Last class...

"Okay um...Ms. Rois, it is now your turn. Please stand in the front of the room and choose an instrument if you are using one." Mr. Rouges tells me as he uses his right hand to point at the front of the room while his left hand holds a pen, letting it tap the clipboard on his desk.

I shyly get up from my bench and walk by the kids who are whispering about last week. Their voices were starting to fill my head. As I walked by I heard, "Yo that's Kalila, heard about her and Avery."Once I made it to the front of the room, I lift my head up slightly.

Right now I am in music class. Shiny instruments all over the room and walls. A velvet carpet underneath my feet. The clean, white walls. Some of the instruments glisten from the sun that was pouring from the huge glass windows. I felt at peace for just a moment before I realized that every pair of eyes were directly on me. I spotted the piano a little to my right, so I quickly walk towards the seat and sat down in front of the huge, white, glossy instrument in front of me.

"What would you be playing for us today, Ms. Rois." Mr. Rouges ask raising an eyebrow. His features weren't that bad. Black messy hair but in that good way. A bit of stubble and those vibrant green eyes. At the age of 27, he wasn't bad looking at all, but he was still intimidating. I turn my head towards him to answer his question.

"I-I will be singing Fools by Troye Sivan a-and I will be using the piano as well, sir." I wanted to slap myself for stuttering because a few kids let out a couple giggles.

"Well, go ahead and blow us away, Ms. Rois."

I look back down at the piano keys in front of me and shake out any butterflies that fluttered within me. I placed my hands on the keys  lightly and began my performance.

"I am tired of this place, I hope people change
I need time to replace what I gave away
And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small
Though I try to resist I still want it all...

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake...

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall...

After that line I look up at a certain guy in the class, and he was already staring back. His eyes showed...guilt.

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this
The differences and impulses and your obsession with
The little things you like stick, and I like aerosol
Don't give a f***, not giving up, I still want it all...