1 || Happy Birthday

Y/n- your name
F/c- favorite color
L/n- last name
H/c- hair color
E/c- eye color
F/f- favorite food
H/t- home town
C/f- cake flavor

****

Today is another day at school for (y/n). She struggled here in there with the classes she has never liked, but somehow she always manages to pass them, and she is always proud.

Most girls would be excited about their sweet 16. They'll be happy to go out to parties, attract all the boys, go to movies, decide which clothes go together, and obviously drive wherever they would please. But not, (y/n). She is not the type of chica who wants to get into the social life.

Now that school is over on a Friday, she has plans of her own.  She would like to sit in her bedroom to finish up the last few sketches inside her drawing pad or try to defeat the next level of Candy Crush... or whatever game she enjoys playing. Her free time would sometimes become something that should enjoy, always doing the same thing every day annoyed her.

She walks to the bus with her (f/c) backpack dangling on both of her shoulders. Books, notebooks, paper, pencils, and pens. She climbs up the three steps of the bus and scans for an open seat or at least one that another person should share.

(Y/n) doesn't have many friends because she had recently moved to Chicago... she did like one boy in particular, but knew that he wasn't interested in her at all. It would be impossible!

Avery Stork. A very popular boy who is a great defender in basketball, all of his grades are accurate and doesn't get into trouble-- a very rare piece of information. His short black hair that glistened in the sun's light made every girl drop to their knees. Always treating him like a sun god. Brown eyes, mocha skin, tall and fit. Almost every girl's dream!

His girlfriend on the other hand is a very protective, snooty prep who will glare at anybody such as other girls who try to hit on her "significant other". She is Violet Miller. Blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect smoky eye, clean clothes, she's perfect in her book. She won the last catfight last week with a girl who thought could stand up to her...

Now... (y/n). She holds the features of (wavy/ curly/ short, h/c). She did many styles with it, nothing too much. Her wardrobe didn't include many dresses unless she had to go to an event that included fancy wear. Her hobbies consist of (hobby 1), (hobby 2), and (hobby 3). She often did these three hobbies and never got tired of them. (F/f) is something she could possibly live off of.

Coming back to the sweet 16, today is her sixteenth birthday. She replayed a bunch of scenarios inside her head as the bus engine was beginning to rumble. She hopes that there was nothing big going on at her place with a load of family members, balloons, confetti, and loud noises, she didn't enjoy a lot of things like that. She used to love it all until she moved to the city of Chicago. Unexpectedly, her thoughts are disturbed.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Violet called from the back. She turned in her seat and faces dozens of eyes staring at her with strange smiles. Avery watches. "Why don't you go back to that city of (h/t) you call a piece of sh*t!"

Kids laughed.

(Y/n) rolls her eyes and crosses her arms in her lap, not wanting to give Violet that kind of attention.

****

Stop after stop, the bus driver dropped off the kids. It felt like the bus was getting quieter and quieter which it really was. What sucked for (y/n), Violet have the same stop as she did. Miss Preppy lived two blocks from (y/n).

The girl from (h/t) steps off and jogs across the street to avoid Violet's mouth. "See you on Monday, wannabe!"

(Y/n) ignored her. The second she got close to the front door of her house, she began to grow concerned about what was inside. She put her hand on the doorknob. "Please don't let there be a--"

"SURPRISE!!"

(Y/n's) mother and father flash the camera in their daughter's face as she blocks out the bright light. Her grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins even the dog from next door were at her birthday party. (Y/n) have no choice but to act surprised and amused to ensure she didn't appear rude or ungrateful.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Her mother kissed her cheek.

"Thanks." (Y/n) forced a smile.

"(Y/n), huney, we made you your favorite cake! (c/f) with (c/f)." Your aunt walks up to you.

"Sounds, good." She replied.

"(Y/n), come here." Her Dad walks from the crowd who were still socializing. "I know that you don't like birthday parties, but please just let this one pass. That is all I'm asking for. Besides, we have an extraordinary surprise for you."

"Really?" Y/n's eyes widened eagerly. 

"Of course." Her father put an arm around her back and smiles widely. "Promise you'll act like you're enjoying yourself?"

Well, the new 16-year-old couldn't disappoint her father. She grinned and nodded. "Okay, I promise."

"Great." He grinned. "Don't tell your mother of the surprise."

"Why?"

her father continued. "Because she doesn't know you're gonna own a pair of keys to a car."

Way to ruin the big surprise...