Chapter 1: The Birth of Mariposa

It was Wednesday today.

Some may say it was just a normal 'Get up go to school/work live your boring lives' Wednesday.

But for one blue haired Parisian named Marinette Dupain-Cheng, it was not.

Because this Wednesday, was going to be the day she would tell her crush she loved him.

"Are you sure you can do this Marinette?" Tikki asked from the girls handbag.

"I'm sure Tikki," Marinette said looking determined as she rushed to school.

Unsure, but not wanting to say anything, Tikki went inside the bag and went back to munching on the cookie she had there.

o0o

Soon Marinette made it to school, this being one of those rare times when she was early, and went right into hunting down Adrien Agreste, son of the great fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, finding him with Nino and Alya.

Taking a deep breath, Marinette stood tall and went over to them smiling.

"Marinette!" Alya called smiling seeing her there.

"Hi Alya, Nino, Adrien..." Marinette said blushing a little "Um... Mind if I talk for you alone for a little bit?" she asked the teenage model.

"Um... Sure," Adrien said getting up and following her to a spare empty classroom.

Wanting this to be private, Marinette closed the door, and turned to Adrien.

"Adrien... I... I like you," Marinette said smiling "From that moment you gave me that umbrella, I've loved you more than anything else in the world." she carried on "That's why I'm always stumbling over my words when I speak to you, and why I'm always so clumsy..." she carried on not noticing Adrien looking nervous.

"I doubt that I deserve you, what with me being who I am, the daughter of a baker, who's a klutz and trips over herself almost every day," Marinette said playing with her handbag "But I love you, so... Will you be my boyfriend?" she asked nervous looking up to him with high hopes that he will say yes.

"Wow Marinette..." Adrien said unsure what to say, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm happy that you feel that way, but... I have my eyes set on someone else..."

At that moment Marinette felt like she was hit with a ton of bricks as it felt like her heart was shattered into a thousand pieces.

"Oh... ok, um... I... I understand..." Marinette said trying to hold back her tears "Who... Who is it?"

"Ladybug," Adrien said smiling a daze look coming to his face "The way how she always saves everyone. How she looks as she swings on her yoyo across the rooftops of Paris. Oh and the way how she always cares about everyone who gets Akumatized," he finished up turning to Marinette again seeing the door was open and she was gone.

 Oh and the way how she always cares about everyone who gets Akumatized," he finished up turning to Marinette again seeing the door was open and she was gone